Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Treats Baked homemade treats with hay?

AllieD

Cavy Gazer
I have so many small hay scraps that I don't have a clue what to do with. I can't compost until the weather gets warmer and my bins thaw out . I don't want to collect it because bugs or animals might be attracted to it. Are there treats I can make from it? Better yet would be pressed cubes.

Does anyone have experience with this or have suggestions for what I can do with it in the meantime? What do you do with yours if you don't throw it out?

TrueColoursProd

Cavy Slave
I have so many small hay scraps that I don't have a clue what to do with. I can't compost until the weather gets warmer and my bins thaw out . I don't want to collect it because bugs or animals might be attracted to it. Are there treats I can make from it? Better yet would be pressed cubes.

Does anyone have experience with this or have suggestions for what I can do with it in the meantime? What do you do with yours if you don't throw it out?

Are they clean bits that weren't in the cage so no chance of them being pooped on or peed on at all? I would buy some jute sacks like this one and put the bitsies into the sack and hang it up or tie it closed and then let them play with it, gnaw on the jute and pull the hay pieces out. The jute is fully edible and it should give them something to do, to play with it ... :) Treats-CooldeSac.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.