Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General staining

waterbreathinq

Cavy Slave
can someone tell me what to do about this staining in the ramp area? it?s as clean as i can while scrubbing by hand.
should i unfold it and power wash? and how do i prevent this from happening and also prevent all the bedding in that area from going down the ramp? thank you

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Wipe it down with bleach?

I personally wouldn't worry about it.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Soak a piece of paper towel with white vinegar. Put on top of the stain. Let it sit for a while, then wipe it up.

To prevent bedding going down the ramp, you can add one inch lip to the opening of the ramp. You can use wood or a piece of coroplast.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
should i unfold it and power wash?

I would NOT recommend that anyone power wash their coro! I did that a few years ago when I was enlarging the cage and wanted to use the existing coroplast "box". The water gets in the flutes of the coro and it's almost impossible to get it out. I had to stand the coro on edge to permit it to drain, and then leave it out in the sun for a couple of days to take advantage of the heat to internally dry it.

If you want to power wash, then I would wait until hot weather to do so for obvious reasons. I would suggest that you lay a paper towel over the area, soak it with bleach, and let it sit for a few hours......then take a brush to the area. Perhaps finish off by wiping with a mixture of vinegar and water.

FailedFoster

Cavy Slave
I second vinegar! Distilled white vinegar works wonders on piggy messes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.