Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds WHY DO MY PIGS KEEP WHEEKING they have everything!

angiee

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone!
I have two females in a 4x2 grid cage. They have hay, pellets (once in the morning, snacks throughout the day), and water and a clean litter box and they just aren't happy! I've read that they want attention when they wheek that way but they're scared of me each time I approach them with a carrot.
Snacks include carrots, fresh greens, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc etc.
Any advice is appreciated. I feel like they know to make those noises just to get food out of us but I don't want them to get fat!
Thanks!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
They will ALWAYS want a treat. Always. And they know that you bring them to them, so you're the one who gets wheeked at. They're happy, I'm sure. They'll just want treats whenever they think they can get them.

f5879ee02aa24cec408e60ecf50aee6a--guinea-pig-funny-guinea-pig-food.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
They're not apt to get fat. They're herbivores, which means they're vegetarians. How many fat vegetarians do you know? Not many, if any, I'd bet.

There are really only two things you have to worry about with weight -- feeding too many pellets, and feeding so many veggies that they won't eat their hay.

angiee

Cavy Slave
Whoa thanks bpatters for that insightful comment. Definitely not going to ask another question on this community.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Keep asking. The only dumb questions are the ones that don't get asked.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.