Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Exercise Floor time in bathroom

Marie1234

Cavy Slave
I have seen a very positive change in my piggies after giving them way more floor time this week in a very large area. However I find setting up, cleaning and taking down the play area to be very time consuming. Currently I'm using a wire enclosure with a shower curtain over the carpet and towels on top plus an area with a waterproof fleece liner (2x4). I was thinking of just using my bathroom instead, it's large and tiled and doesn't need anything blocked off. Is there anyone who does this on a regular basis or has their piggies out in tile floor often? Do you use towels and just mop the floor weekly or will the floor be gross and require more than weekly cleaning? Does the grout between tiles get stained?
Any other floor time hacks are appreciated.

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
I have seen a very positive change in my piggies after giving them way more floor time this week in a very large area. However I find setting up, cleaning and taking down the play area to be very time consuming. Currently I'm using a wire enclosure with a shower curtain over the carpet and towels on top plus an area with a waterproof fleece liner (2x4). I was thinking of just using my bathroom instead, it's large and tiled and doesn't need anything blocked off. Is there anyone who does this on a regular basis or has their piggies out in tile floor often? Do you use towels and just mop the floor weekly or will the floor be gross and require more than weekly cleaning? Does the grout between tiles get stained?
Any other floor time hacks are appreciated.
My guinea pigs dislike tile and it is possibly the same for yours you should see before making further plans

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Marie1234

Cavy Slave
My guinea pigs dislike tile and it is possibly the same for yours you should see before making further plans

Yes I'm going to cover the floor with towels and bath mats.

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
Yes I'm going to cover the floor with towels and bath mats.
Your guinea pigs pee during floor time? because mine certainly do and I know that and usually soaks through towels and bathmats

Marie1234

Cavy Slave
Your guinea pigs pee during floor time? because mine certainly do and I know that and usually soaks through towels and bathmats

Yes they do, so that's what I'm asking, how much of a mess does it make on a tile floor and does it stain the grout if some pee soaks through the towels?

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
Yes they do, so that's what I'm asking, how much of a mess does it make on a tile floor and does it stain the grout?
I don't know my guinea pigs don't have floortime on tile

Squibbles

Cavy Gazer
I do the same thing in my bedroom which is where my girls are. I open the gate for them everyday and they spend a few hours roaming the area.

My floor is not exactly bathroom tile but it is similar. I think maybe it is linoleum? I just throw a couple of old blankets down and set up a tent type cover because the area is so open. Squibbles is very skittish so it helps her to leave the cage. Squeaks could care less [emoji846]

I do not go as far as layering like I do for their cage liner as that would be really time consuming. My piggies have not actually tinkled (that I am aware of anyway [emoji28]) outside of their cafe area. In fact, the barely poop while they are exploring.

I do not know this for sure, but I may be because they have access to their actual cage area the entire time and they just go in there. When I pick up the blankets, I just spray some cleaning vinegar and do a quick wipe down. I mop as usual (once per week depending on traffic and weather). I have yet to notice any stains at all. Although it has only been 1.5 months so we will see!

6afee06fa6e5e536669587f7ae9b04c3.jpg

This is a shot of my floor.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.