Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Can't understand my guinea pig

borsossara92

Cavy Gazer
I have had my guinea pig for a little over a month, she is about 4 or 5 months. Well any how I felt she was lonely so I got her a little play mate since I work full time and she was alone. I got them use to each other first and they did fine. Now that they are in the same area with one another she squeaks all the time. I try to hold her to calm her, but she hates getting picked up. Been like that since I got her, and this has been a daily routine for that month. I don't know what her issue is... throwing a temper tantrum like my two year old. I'm on my last straw with these tempers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
How large is the cage?

Is the friend male or female?

Is the friend bullying her?

borsossara92

Cavy Gazer
How large is the cage?

Is the friend male or female?

Is the friend bullying her?
It's two large cages in one, and both females. The new one is honestly the size of an ex large chicken nugget. Lol my older guinea pig the big baby has always been this chicken she gets scared when you give her oranges or zucchini.

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
I have had my guinea pig for a little over a month, she is about 4 or 5 months. Well any how I felt she was lonely so I got her a little play mate since I work full time and she was alone. I got them use to each other first and they did fine. Now that they are in the same area with one another she squeaks all the time. I try to hold her to calm her, but she hates getting picked up. Been like that since I got her, and this has been a daily routine for that month. I don't know what her issue is... throwing a temper tantrum like my two year old. I'm on my last straw with these tempers.

Your guinea pigs are bound to fight in the first month or two how big is your cage and how many hideys do you have

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
They are NOT bound to fight in the first month or two. Properly introduced, if two pigs are going to get along, they should settle down pretty quickly.

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
They are NOT bound to fight in the first month or two. Properly introduced, if two pigs are going to get along, they should settle down pretty quickly.
I am aware my less knowledgeable sister who joint shares the guinea pigs was on my phone

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.