Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Escape artist Extraordinaire

Spartan021

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig boar Expresso has been climbing up out of his cage into my other boar, Rascal's cage, not bothering to jump in with Lenny the boar who's cage is in between. Espresso and Rascal do not fight or anything no blood or rumble strutting but Espresso is bonded with his son Frappuccino, AKA frappe. We have put a lid over their cage, a one story c and c cage but it isn't a C and c lid because we ran out of c and c. Is there anyway I can teach him not to climb out or something nasty tasting that won't harm him so he learns to associate the nasty taste with escaping?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You need a lid. Closet shelving makes a very sturdy lid.

And no, you can't teach him to not climb out by feeding him bad-tasting foods.

Shieme

Cavy Slave
Yeah, don’t give nasty tasting food. Bitter apple stuff doesn’t work for piggies. He is climbing so a lid would be best and food... wouldn’t make sense. But I’m wondering if he is going in a friend’s cage, maybe he wants to be cagemate to another boar.

Spartan021

Cavy Slave
Well the boar that he keeps going and hanging out with keeps hiding and won't move. and earlier I came back into my room to find Expresso sitting on top of Rascal's bucket hut with Rascal underneath it, like Expresso had trapped him even though he could have left the bucket he just stayed under and cried for help. and I had to get up an hour later to swap pull Expresso out again because he was growling at Rascal

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.