Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables can I give them the same vegtables each week?

cocogigi

Cavy Slave
I give my girls a salad twice a day. I meal plan for the week so the foods that is only safe to for them to eat twice a week, I only give twice a week etc. They get 5-6 different veggies each day with a good variety/variation day to day, so it's never the same each day. Can I just use this same meal plan each week? Like Forever? Or do I have to change the vegtables each week? Or do they really not care? As long as they are getting the right amount of nutrients? Thanks!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Each week? Mine get the same foods every day, with just occasional differences when we have a veggie we don't usually eat.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
I also feed my pigs the exact same veggies, twice a day, every day. No need for a complicated menu!

Some times I'll add something in if I have it in the house or if it's on sale at the grocery store, but other than that They have been getting the same stuff everyday for years.

Spartan021

Cavy Slave
It really doesn't matter, it's just whatever works for you and how often certain veggies should be eaten, mine get the same stuff everyday with the occasional extra treat every now and then

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I agree with the previous replies. You are making a lot of extra work for yourself!

Because we like variety in our diet doesn't mean that cavies desire it as well. My boys have virtually the same meal day in and day out........and are always just as excited to see their dinner arriving. Their diet becomes more varied as we have more seasonal veggies available.

dawnmb57

Cavy Slave
I also feed my pigs the exact same veggies, twice a day, every day. No need for a complicated menu!

Some times I'll add something in if I have it in the house or if it's on sale at the grocery store, but other than that They have been getting the same stuff everyday for years.
Which veggies do you feed them twice a day?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dawnmb57

Cavy Slave
It really doesn't matter, it's just whatever works for you and how often certain veggies should be eaten, mine get the same stuff everyday with the occasional extra treat every now and then
Which veggies do you feed yours everyday?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
@dawnmb57 Everyday my girls red or green leaf lettuce, green pepper, cucumber and a baby carrot or 2. They usually get tomato as well, but if they are super pricey they go a bit without it.

Sometimes I'll buy raddichio or Belgian endive for them as well. If I have it in the house for myself I will give them the odd piece of kale or celery.

Spartan021

Cavy Slave
@dawnmb57 I feed mine Romaine lettuce, spinach and the big carrots that you'd feed horses everyday, every 2-3 days I give them some crab grass, yarrow, and clover, and once a week they get tiny apple bits and whole cranberries.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.