Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Guinea pigs don't like Vitamin C tablets

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here. I just adopted two female guinea pigs about a month ago, Daisy and Buttercup. I've tried feeding them the Oxbow vitamin C tablet along with their regular diet of Oxbow pellets, fresh veggies, and Timothy hay, however they will not eat the vitamin C tablets. I bought some children's chewable vitamin C in orange flavor which they will not touch either. I even tried crushing the vitamin and sprinkling it on a veggie, but they wouldn't eat the veggie with the vitamin c sprinkled on. I brought them to an exotic vet just for a regular check-up and the vet suggested yogurt drops, as more guinea pigs seem to like them. When doing my initial research about guinea pigs before adopting, I remember reading that the yogurt drops are very bad for them. Should I get the yogurt drops or just not worry about giving any extra vitamin C right now as they are healthy? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,059 Rec'd/5,606 Posts
    Mentioned
    1985 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3650 Post(s)

Re: Guinea pigs don't like Vitamin C tablets

They don't need supplemental vitamin C if you'r giving them Oxbow pellets and veggies high in vitamin C, such as bell peppers. And definitely don't give them yogurt drops -- guinea pigs are lactose intolerant.

User Tag List