Thanks
    Thanks
    17 Rec'd/15 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Laundry bag recommendations

Looking for laundry bag recommendations from people who use a laundry bag to wash their fleece or vet bed. TIA.

Thanks
    Thanks
    627 Rec'd/537 Posts
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Re: Laundry bag recommendations

I purchased a set of horse blanket washing bags from a seller on Ebay. The seller was located in the UK. I don't believe you can purchase them from anyone in the US. Be prepared, they aren't inexpensive but they work so well. They come in two sizes. One is very large and the other one is medium size. They are very heavy duty with a good zipper. I launder all of my fleece and liners every other day and I've had these bags for at least 4- 5 years and they are not showing any signs of wear.

I know that many people would not want to spend that much money but in my opinion, I feel they are worth the investment. Another option that many use is a pillowcase. The reason I didn't choose to go that route is I was afraid that it still would allow some of the hair to come out in the machine. Nothing comes out with the horse blanket bags.

3. "Thank you, Kelsie, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    17 Rec'd/15 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
    I purchased a set of horse blanket washing bags from a seller on Ebay. The seller was located in the UK. I don't believe you can purchase them from anyone in the US. Be prepared, they aren't inexpensive but they work so well. They come in two sizes. One is very large and the other one is medium size. They are very heavy duty with a good zipper. I launder all of my fleece and liners every other day and I've had these bags for at least 4- 5 years and they are not showing any signs of wear.

I know that many people would not want to spend that much money but in my opinion, I feel they are worth the investment. Another option that many use is a pillowcase. The reason I didn't choose to go that route is I was afraid that it still would allow some of the hair to come out in the machine. Nothing comes out with the horse blanket bags.

Thanks for your recommendation. I can get this in Canada (where I am):
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01N3L...32L&ref=plSrch
    It says it can wash horse blankets...Is this similar?

Thanks
    Thanks
    627 Rec'd/537 Posts
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie1234 View Post
    Thanks for your recommendation. I can get this in Canada (where I am):
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01N3L...32L&ref=plSrch
    It says it can wash horse blankets...Is this similar?

Yes, that is what I use. I'm glad you can find them available in Canada.

Thanks
    Thanks
    627 Rec'd/537 Posts
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

@Marie1234, I just wanted to add one more thing to my recommendation. I'm not sure if you have a top loader washer or a front loader but if it is a top loader you will have to be careful to balance it out with other articles of clothing. If not the washer will be off-balanced and start banging like crazy. Once the bag gets wet with all the fleece in it and it starts to spin it throws the load off. Since I have two bags I always put fleece and liners in each bag and launder them together.

If I occasionally have only a small load of piggy laundry and only need one bag I just find a couple pairs of jeans and throw them in alongside the horse blanket bag. I then dry them separately of course. I've never found any hair or small bits of hay on the jeans. The bag contains all the particles that you don't want in your washer.

If you have a front loader you won't have worry about balancing your load.

7. "Thank you, Kelsie, for this useful post," says:

User Tag List