Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing Edible/ nibble safe snuggle cup?

Lilythepig2017

Cavy Slave
Our 3 month old pig Lily loves her snuggle cup but I noticed she is eating it which I don't think is good for her as the dyes and fibers may not be safe if ingested. Are there any cozy snuggle cups made out of hay or something digestible so if she does consume here and there it's ok?

thanks!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Definitely don't let her eat anything with threads in it -- she can get an intestinal obstruction that could kill her.

I'm sure if you look online for guinea pig huts/hideys, you'll find all sorts of stuff.

Lilythepig2017

Cavy Slave
Thanks for your reply :)

Are there any snuggle cups made out of something that if I ingested it's safe? I've seen sea grass huts. Are they recommended?

Also if it's made out of some kind of more hard material like hay or sea grass is that comfortable on their feet?

id love any recommendations from anyone who has found one they liked . I'm looking for something cozy but not dangerous if ingested

Thanks so much!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Mine have tried to eat their fleece cuddle sacks and beds but don't seem to be able to. I'd go with fleece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.