Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage What can I put under water bottle for sloppy drinkers?

Molly24

Cavy Slave
My girls are sloppy drinkers and regardless of the water bottle and what I do to it, my girls always seem to get water all over that area, which they also like to use the bathroom in so it always smells worse. What can I put under their water bottle that will help keep that area a little dryer? Right now, I switch out some additional fleece every few days but it takes a toll on my laundry that I wondered if there was any other solutions.

Water bottles I?ve used include a basic one from Walmart with a choconose nozzle attached and a flip top one from petco. I have two bottles currently in their cage.

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
I have a messy drinker, and i keep a small kitten litterbox under it filled with wood pellets.

DalyasCavyCrew

Cavy Slave
I used to just use drip mats (which can be bought from most cozy sellers on Etsy), but something I want to try out in the summer is using very small bricks, like the kind one might use for landscaping. I've seen it once or twice and it appears to have many benefits: catching drips, filing down piggy nails, and it can be something they lay against on hot days to keep them cool.

Blueberrybanana

Cavy Gazer
My girls are sloppy drinkers and regardless of the water bottle and what I do to it, my girls always seem to get water all over that area, which they also like to use the bathroom in so it always smells worse. What can I put under their water bottle that will help keep that area a little dryer? Right now, I switch out some additional fleece every few days but it takes a toll on my laundry that I wondered if there was any other solutions.

Water bottles I?ve used include a basic one from Walmart with a choconose nozzle attached and a flip top one from petco. I have two bottles currently in their cage.
I have a square brick under my water bottles.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

guineapigfamily

Cavy Gazer
A brick is great, it soaks up the drips and keeps nails down

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.