Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'm so excited, i have my cage!

I have my cage and i put it up now all i need are the insides and actual supplies
    Its a midwest cage plus
    Im thinking of using fleece for it but i dont know if i can get it from the pet store but i think walmart would have it cheaper if they do have it

I wanted to ask you guys if you believe this detergent is okay for piggies

Im looking into it more myself but its good to have extra hands double check
    Thank you guys!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: I'm so excited, i have my cage!

Never mind i realized it has a scent and that may mess with their little noses. Im going to ask of my dad to get something with no smell and/or look into making my own detergant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    7 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tink.Bell View Post

I have my cage and i put it up now all i need are the insides and actual supplies
    Its a midwest cage plus
    Im thinking of using fleece for it but i dont know if i can get it from the pet store but i think walmart would have it cheaper if they do have it

I wanted to ask you guys if you believe this detergent is okay for piggies

Im looking into it more myself but its good to have extra hands double check
    Thank you guys!

As long as the detergent is scent free (the piggies will always have their noses near the ground) and has no fabric softener in it (the fleece won't wick if there is fabric softener in it) it may be ok. I would just wait for someone to back me up, (maybe someone who has used it, or has more experience with detergents.)

the pet store is not the way to go.... sometimes you can get fleece at Walmart, but I wouldn't count on it, so the best place to go for fleece is an actual fabric shop. Like Joanne's or fabric land.
    Also, you may want to consider getting another Midwest cage to attach to yours (walmart tends to have them for cheap) seeing as one is barely enough for one piggie, and you always want to get two piggies.

unless the Midwest cage plus is somehow bigger than the regular.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    7 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

For a detergent I recommend ECOS laundry detergent. Scent free, plant based, hypoallergenic, earth friendly, fabric softener free

5. "Thank you, cavycalm1, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cavycalm1 View Post
    As long as the detergent is scent free (the piggies will always have their noses near the ground) and has no fabric softener in it (the fleece won't wick if there is fabric softener in it) it may be ok. I would just wait for someone to back me up, (maybe someone who has used it, or has more experience with detergents.)

the pet store is not the way to go.... sometimes you can get fleece at Walmart, but I wouldn't count on it, so the best place to go for fleece is an actual fabric shop. Like Joanne's or fabric land.
    Also, you may want to consider getting another Midwest cage to attach to yours (walmart tends to have them for cheap) seeing as one is barely enough for one piggie, and you always want to get two piggies.

unless the Midwest cage plus is somehow bigger than the regular.
    It is called the plus bc it is bigger than the regular
    Isnt the recommended size 7.5 sq ft? This cage is 8 sq feet.
    And are you saying the pet store isnt the right place to go bc its the petstore or bc it doesnt have decent fleece?

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,056 Rec'd/5,604 Posts
    Mentioned
    1985 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3649 Post(s)

Pet stores don't sell fleece.

The minimum cage size for two pigs is 7.5 square feet. The recommended is 10.5 square feet. Bigger cages are always better. The pigs are happier, they don't smell as bad, or have to be cleaned as often.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    58 Rec'd/44 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Regarding the laundry detergent, look for the kind that says it's for sensitive skin, they usually don't have any scent or fabric softener in them.

User Tag List