Thread: Best Fleece Option?

Question Best Fleece Option?

I am new to the piggy world, and I want to use fleece as bedding, but I am having a hard time figuring out what the best option is. I dont care about cost as much as dependability and how long it will last. So in your opinion, what would you recommend: Fleece Flippers, Piggy Bedspreads, DIY fleece with uhaul pad, fleece with towels, or any other suggestion? Those are the ones I have found so far, but I could use a more experienced opinion, thanks!

Re: Best Fleece Option?

If you can sew, or know someone who can, I would highly recommend making your own homemade liners. You will save a ton of money!

Personally, all of my cage liners are homemade using 2 layers of uhaul with Joann's anti-pill fleece on either side. They are absorbent, comfortable, easy to wash and seem to last long. My oldest ones in use are almost 4 years old and they are still in decent shape. I can tell the uhaul is a getting a little worn out, but I still expect to get at least another year of use out of them. One thing to note is that it often takes 2 dryer cycles to completely dry 2 layer liners, especially when they are newer.

One thing I highly recommend is to use additional fleece pads in high traffic areas. I have several smaller 1x1 or 1x2 liners that I put under sleeping spots or in frequently soiled areas and it helps keep the overall cage fresh for longer. I find it much easier just change the smaller pads as necessary in addition to sweeping daily. It keeps the main liner in better shape longer though.