Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need recommendations

I have 3 prefabricated store bought cages 2 feet by 4 feet. They are made in a way that I can take them apart and make one huge cage, my problem is I need to keep the cage at least 3 feet off the ground. I live in a 100+ year old house in Iowa, in the winter we get mice. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to build a table for the cage on a very minimal budget?

Sent from my Philly using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by piggiedreams View Post
    I have 3 prefabricated store bought cages 2 feet by 4 feet. They are made in a way that I can take them apart and make one huge cage, my problem is I need to keep the cage at least 3 feet off the ground. I live in a 100+ year old house in Iowa, in the winter we get mice. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to build a table for the cage on a very minimal budget?

Just saw a picture of a Midwest cage that's what I have 3of I have already hand stitched a bunch of cage liners and accessories ( really need to invest in a sewing machine ) I just need inexpensive materials to make an approximately 6ft squared table. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks
    6,738 Rec'd/5,327 Posts
    Mentioned
    1931 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3389 Post(s)

You can get folding tables at places like Walmart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. I use low tables from Ikea.

Or, you can use grids -- look in the photo galleries for examples. If you use the connectors and zip tie the corners together, it will be very sturdy.

Whatever you use, fasten the cage to the stand so it can't be knocked off.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    You can get folding tables at places like Walmart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. I use low tables from Ikea.

Or, you can use grids -- look in the photo galleries for examples. If you use the connectors and zip tie the corners together, it will be very sturdy.

I learned my lesson about having to fasten the cage to the table the hard way. I originally set it up on my dining table and during a chase one of my little guys bumped into the cage and paid the price for my stupidity he got a cut on his little paw, he is fine now but I won't make that mistake again. If the table was mine I'd secure the cage to it but it will cause damage. I have seen the folding tables at Walmart. Not sure if I can afford them maybe if I buy 1 at a time. I'm on disability and raising a young man, so money is tight. Maybe I'll ask for tables for my birthday

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post

I figured it out, if I buy a piece of plywood or particle board I can attach it to the 2 large end tables that their current cage is on ( since I own them I can put as many holes in them as I want) then attach the reconfigured cages to the board, add a vinyl tablecloth for easy wipe down and the fleece liners and vola. Do you think this will be a good idea??

User Tag List