Thanks
    17 Rec'd/15 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

3 Midwest Cages - questions about best accessories

Hi All,
    I currently have my two piggie friends in a kids swimming pool (5ft diameter, 11.5 inch height). I literally had a friend just give them to me kind of without warning, and their store bought cage was really small....So I put them in a kiddie pool I had in my basement as a temporary measure.

Anyway, there was a sale on the Midwest cages on Amazon (in Canada) so I bought three of them. We are dedicating an entire room to the piggies. The cages arrive Friday and I would love to get opinions on how best to set them up. What bedding? What hay feeders work best? The best configuration for 3 cages together (two with the lids and one without).

Any advice is appreciated.
    TIA.
    Last edited by Marie1234; 11-28-17 at 01:49 am. Reason: Spelling

Thanks
    Thanks
    17 Rec'd/15 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: 3 Midwest Cages - questions about best accessories

I ended up cancelling all but one Midwest cage which I will use as a travel cage. I made a 4?2 CC for the piggies today.

Thanks
    Thanks
    37 Rec'd/37 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Re: 3 Midwest Cages - questions about best accessories

I have two Midwest cages, hooked up in a L shape. I close one cage and clean them. They have moving blankets and fleece liners. I change one side daily. The other side weekly. They pee and poop more where they eat. They like to sleep on one side (food). Dunno why but I live a large cage because they popcorn and run when they are hyper. But if you can make a cage, go for it. Those are the best.
    Last edited by CavySpirit; 12-04-17 at 03:01 pm. Reason: removed erroneous info

User Tag List