Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Would this really work?

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
Seems like many people do such houses.
View attachment 85679
I would like to build something similar to my two guinea pigs when I move to my new property in Greece. But I would make it bigger for air circulation.

Sure, you'll see lots of people doing similar setups for guinea pigs all over the internet -- that doesn't mean that this type of setup is appropriate for the animal. There's so much misinformation out there that it's often hard to determine who really knows what they're talking about. Personally, I trust the collective opinions of a forum of experienced guinea pig owners and information from guinea pig rescue websites over random people posting random stuff. These photos just kinda feel like these people were way more focused making something that looks attractive in their home rather than something actually practical and operational. I see nothing that makes me believe that the animals' needs were the priority in this setup.

Last edited:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs need a large flat area to run around in. Ditto Little Squeakers.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Something that small is akin to living in a small kitchen or bathroom all the time for us. No smaller than a 2x3 for one, minimum 2x4 for two. Anything for boys should be 3x whatever. Mine fought like crazy in a 2x?. When I changed it to a 3x6 they had much room to get by each other. The young years are so much fun with boys.

Robert_Ward

Cavy Gazer
Great idea, just until I understand how to implement it correctly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.