Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Is this cage large enough for 2 guinea pigs?

juliaspiggies

Cavy Gazer
Hello, I was just wondering if this cage (link below) would be big enough for 2 female, 1 year old guinea pigs. I was reading the reviews and most said that you could fit 2 guinea pigs, but I feel like sometimes Petco shoppers don't know the correct size requirements. I just want to make sure so that these pigs can have the best lives possible. Thank you!

Link to Cage: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...VBL3sCh0rewXQEAQYASABEgIvF_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Pywakyt

Cavy Gazer
My research says that that size is just over the minimum space for two but ive since be told since that its NOT big enough. Id say its a good place to start and plan on adding on maybe? I have this exact one for two females and plan on adding on.

Soecara

Cavy Slave
The cage just scrapes in at the absolute bare minimum suggested for a pair of sows (8 sq feet). We recommend a cage 10 square feet or larger for a pair of sows. It might not sound like that much of a difference, but it really does make a huge difference for an animal so small.

miniver

Cavy Slave
Too small - Yes, but that's a great price for that cage. You can get two, qualify for free shipping and link them together. There are instructions somewhere on this site.

Be sure to remove the dividers. The floor space requirements refer to the flat space they need to run around.

juliaspiggies

Cavy Gazer
Thank you all so much! If I do adopt those two guinea pigs, I will make sure to buy two of the cages :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.