Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Ireland hi from Ireland ..!

pauline

Cavy Slave
hi from Ireland .................! .

Hi all,
well i'm very new to the guinea pig (cavy) owner world so i'm still a little nervous about a lot of things but i'm gettin there slowly but surely.
I'm currently looking into trying to build a bigger enclosure for my boys so if anyone has any helpful tips they would be gratefully received. There's not really a lot of things in the pet stores over here for guinea pigs so ingenuity is the name of the game.

looking forward to many years of pet piggy ownership....

sláinte

Pauline

Last edited by a moderator:

jojomuffin

Cavy Slave
hiya im from scotland myself but have some good friends from Portadown.

i built my cage recently and my 2 boars love it - id love to give some tips but id just be repeating cavy cages lol

jo

Michelle K

Cavy Slave
Hey I am from Ireland too. I've owned three guinea pigs in my time and I'm getting two more in the next week or so....can't wait

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I'm moving to Northern Ireland soon. Anyone know of any cavy rescues there? And do the ISPCA rescue guinea pigs? I've contacted them but got no reply in the 5 months since I emailed them!

xxozzypigxx

Cavy Slave
Hi! I live in Dublin, Ireland too and am still learning something new everyday. I'm looking for someone in Ireland who shares my passion! Oh yeah, for cavy-cool-crazy, there's a small pet rescue centre in Tipperary I think (If it's any use to you!). So I'll see you around. xxx

pauline

Cavy Slave
Hi xxozzypigxx, great to see all these new Irish entries. Kevin also lives in Dublin. I didnt know there is rescue centre in Tipperary. Do you have the name or address?

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Blimey it seems so long since I posted that. I arrived here 9 months ago. Thanks for the reply though ozzypig. I've heard of the one in Tipperary but that's about 4 hours away and I can't get to it. I can't adopt any more pigsters until I get back to mainland UK now anyway but it's nice to know of any centres that are around.

xxozzypigxx

Cavy Slave
I think it's (broken link removed), I'm pretty sure. I can't reach it either but I like looking at the website!

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Hi !
Does anybody know of guinea pig recuses in the Rep of Ireland?
Anywhere around Dublin?

vicky2

Cavy Slave
You should pm princess poppy about adopting pigs in Ireland since she has done a ton of research on that.

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
The Irish Guinea pig rescue closed down in the summer. Hi i'm from Ireland also. Go to pets ireland. A lot of Irish rescue sites use it. Aisling from Limrick rescue is often on the site and is very helpful. As for the cage. I use grids. Ebay 14-16 pounds. I had ine shipped from the u.s. It's pretty difficult to fine a piggie to adopt but keep keep looking .

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
thanks !! :D
im going to keep looking!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.