Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The very lovely lady French Fries

Tgrady

Cavy Slave
I?ve been laid up with a nasty bout of the flu. Last evening, when I went to give her a cuddle, I noticed something very strange.
She was very still, and her belly was huge. I looked up guinea pig bloat, and immediately knew it was bad.
I called several emergency vets within a reasonable distance, and they all told me they "don?t see guinea pigs."

I was devastated, everywhere else was closed. So, I kept tabs on her until about 3 AM last night. Around 6:30 she?d gone limp. I was frantic. No vet was open until 8, and most were full.

After my fifth call, I finally found someone. They couldn?t take her until 10. It was 45 miles away, so I took it.

Once we got there, she was looking worse for wear. She couldn?t walk, was barely breathing, and had tears in her eyes. After having her for 2 of her 4 years on Earth, I knew it was time to let her go.

I had brought Cheeseburgers along for moral support, and to let him know why his Frenchy wasn?t coming home.

After the deed, the vet gave Cheesy a free exam. Turns out he?s much more healthy than I originally thought! She said he?s a perfect weight, and he might actually be better off without the pound he lost. Just as long as he doesn?t lose anymore. She also found a slight clicking in his breathing, and gave me antibiotics.

Being sick and putting down my fair lady has taken its toll on me, but we're home. Sure it was sad, but something good came of it. And now I can give the CheeseMan the care he needs and deserves.

I?m sorry this is so long-winded, but I know some have been worried about my last few posts. Now I know where to go from here.

The vet 20 minutes away claims to know guinea pigs, but I?ve never gotten a helpful word out of him, after several visits.

The place that took me in this morning will be my primary pet care, even if it is a bit of a drive.

My French Fries has found peace, and that puts my mind at ease.

I love you, pretty girl
5f52ebe2863182e6da9fc23aee9e7359.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost her.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Oh, Tgrady, I'm so sorry. I was so worried about Cheeseburgers that Frenchy never crossed my mind, you must be heartbroken.

Rest in peace, French Fries. Find all your new friends at the Rainbow Bridge, and wait for Cheesy and your family to come and find you.

Tgrady

Cavy Slave
Oh, Tgrady, I'm so sorry. I was so worried about Cheeseburgers that Frenchy never crossed my mind, you must be heartbroken.

Well, there really wasn?t any reason to worry about her until yesterday. But silver lining, Cheesy can get better with the proper medicine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm happy that Cheeseburgers will get better, but I am so sorry that it cost you Frenchy to achieve that.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Having experienced a similar situation with my beloved Chester, I can certainly empathize with you. It is heartbreaking anytime we lose a beloved cavy, but is magnified by the emergency drive to the Vet knowing that the piggy is likely not to survive. I feel sure that Chester was waiting just over the Rainbow Bridge to welcome Frenchy and is now showing her where to find the most delicious dandelion greens. Be open to knowing that when the time is right, Frenchy will send you another cavy to love and to make both Cheesy and you happy. :love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.