Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hiding Stressed new guinea pig.

doragonbat

Cavy Gazer
Yesterday, I got a new guinea pig at a pet store (here in Portugal it's the only option we have to get a piggie).
My male guinea pig (who was castrated) died recently and I needed a new companion for my female guinea pig. I made sure to get a female aswell. Since she got home she has made soft poop, not diarrhea but not normal poop either. She is very quiet, barely moves but she has drank a bit of water and ate just a tiny bit. I'm leaving her be in her cage, that is covered so she feels as safe as possible because I understand this is stress. But I am a bit worried she might not be okay. Should I take her to the vet today, or should I wait a couple more days so it's not so stressful for her?
I thought maybe introducing her to my piggie already might help but I know it's also stressful to do so and she might be sick aswell, so it's not safe... What should I do?
They also said she has less than a year but her back nails, the pink part, is already very big and under her feet she has them a little dry... I'm not sure if she's that young or not. Help?
Thank you for your help!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.