Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions New adoptions

Pammers2169

Cavy Slave
IMG_0233.jpgIMG_0220.jpg

Today I adopted these two guinea pigs. They were posted on CL and I had room since Belly passed (RIP Sweet Belly). I wasn't sure I would have more but I found myself looking. These girls bring me up to nine. Their names are Daykota and Spicy but I'm not sure the names are going stay as I tend to call them what comes to mind. Right now they are resting and one is chirping (possibly stressed from the move). I've done a quick check and the dark one has thinning hair. She is small but I was told they are sister from the same litter. There is no scratching or digging by either. No thinning hair on the orange pig and she seems larger. Both are very active and eating veggies. I'll be cutting hair and doing skin inspection tomorrow so I'll know more then. They are quarantined.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Oh, they are very pretty little ladies! How adorable they are! Congratulations on your new additions, [MENTION=39336]Pammers2169[/MENTION]!

I'm sure Belly would approve of you giving a home to two new young ladies in need.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
They are totally adorable! Do you have experience with cavy hair cutting? If not, give a shout-out and I can offer suggestions.

Pammers2169

Cavy Slave
Hi spy9doc, I have had three long haired cavies for two years and sometimes I do ok but other times I really mess things up. I've used all kinds of tools over but at least one of the three will come out looking absolutely wacky lopsided and/or patchy. :eek: A few times poor Mitzi has ended up with a mohalk, her hair is very thick. Bennett has course hair, wirey like. I'm not even sure of his breed. Once I tried a pet shaver and when I finished I noticed I shaved Mitzi bald on one side. They're pretty good with the electric pet groomer but scissors and my lack of skills prolongs the time it takes. Please share any tips and tricks for the sake of my now five hairy fur kids.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.