Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Jimi (aka Jim Jam) ❤

TheJims

Cavy Slave
Today I came home to find Jimi on his side labeling for breath and writhing in pain. I took him to the vet and had them send him off to the rainbow bridge. He was a geezer and I knew this time was coming I just wasn't prepared today. I got him for free at a pet store a little more than four years ago. I scratched him and he kicked his leg like a dog. I brought him home and fell asleep watching TV with him and woke up and he was still there. He has been here for me through all the hard stuff. Always gave me kisses and rubbed up on my hand. I have two other pigs but he is and always will be my all time favorite. He's the first pet I had to put down on my own. Glad I have this forum to go to. Some people don't understand loving a guineapig. He was and is loved deeply.

Has anyone done a planter burial? I would like to take this route since I live in an apartment. I just don't know how to go about it. Pot sizing? Indoor or outdoor?

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
First of all, I would like to offer my heartfelt condolences on Jim's loss. Only in a place like this will you find people who not only understand how you feel, but feel the same way about their pigs themselves.

As far as a planter burial, I do know that @wigglemish does planter burials for all her pigs. She has lost a few of her babies recently, and you can find her photos of their planters in their memorial threads. Looks for Artemis, and Crumbs.

Rest in peace, Jim. Find all your new friends at the Rainbow Bridge and enjoy your time there.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry you lost him.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
So sorry you lost him, sounds like he was quite a character. You will find everyone here understands your love for him, and the pain of losing him.
Run free at the bridge, little Jim Jam :love:

TheJims

Cavy Slave
Thankyou all for your kind words. It means a lot.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.