Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

S.C. Ampersand

spordelia

Cavy Slave
My little Ampersand passed away yesterday afternoon. We had heard some audible breathing in the early afternoon when he was sleeping, but we didn't think too much of it until we went to give him veggies a little later, and he didn't get up. Within a minute or two of finding him like that, he was gone. It was very sudden, and it's still hard to wrap my head around, but at the same time, I'm glad we didn't have much time to say goodbye, because that would have meant having to watch him suffer.

I adopted Ampersand and his cagemate Umlaut at the end of October five years ago, and they were estimated to be about a year old at the time. So he was about six. We are sad for Umlaut to lose his best friend--as far as we know, they had always been together. We will keep a close eye on Umlaut to make sure he's okay and give him lots of extra love. Ampersand loved to chase him around and steal his food, and sometimes got on his nerves like a true brother. In a way, it's good that Ampie was the first to go, because Umlaut is the tougher pig and will likely do better without Ampersand than Ampersand would have done without him. Ampie was known to run and hide behind Umlaut for protection.

It's been a long time since I used to post here, but this forum was such a big part of why we were able to give him the best life we could, and I'm so grateful. I'm proud of the life and love we gave him.

RIP little buddy

Attachments

2012-12-19_22-28-19_350.jpg Ampersand 2.jpg
I'm very sorry you lost him.

My deepest condolences on your loss of little Ampersand.

He really was an adorable little man, reminds me a lot of my Punkin. I'm relieved to know he didn't suffer, and I'm sure you are too. He lived a good life at 6 years, and I know in your home he would have known love and fantastic care.

Enjoy your time at the Rainbow Bridge, Ampersand. Eat all the delicious greens you can find and play with your new friends, until Umlaut and your family come to find you and take you home.

Rest in peace little cutie. My condolences and all the best wishes for you and Umlaut.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.