Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Question Cleaning genitals?

Now, I was watching a video of a lady cleaning her boars genitals, which I didnít know we do, but now I know for sure since I havenít been doing it, I need to clean my piggy up a little bit. Iíve noticed she uses micellar water and she uses cutips and actually inserts them in his hole. I couldnít find the exact micellar water sheís uses but could only find the garnier one at my target. Itís used for makeup and I e tried looking up to see if itís safe using it internally since I would be inserting the cutips in my piggy. But so far I have found nothing, so I was hoping if yíall could help me out with more information? I rather be safe than sorry. Iíll insert pictures of the bottle and back ingridents if that helps. I will also put down a link to the video of the lady cleaning her boarís genital so yíall know what iím Talking about.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...n-the-Anal-Sac
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83D5299C-26D4-43FD-95BA-9E0357C8D882.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	83675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7AF00FE9-9854-4720-9E2A-2AE9D14EED6A.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	83676  

Thanks
    Thanks
    495 Rec'd/417 Posts
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

Re: Cleaning genitals?

Boar cleaning only needs to be done as necessary. If they don't have any hair/bedding/hay/poop stuck in there then there is no need to clean. If you over clean the anal sac you risk stretching it and/or weakening the muscles which can lead to a boar developing impaction issues.

I check my boys bums every week at the same time that I weigh them. If there is an issue I clean them up, if not I leave them be, one of my boys has never needed to be cleaned and he is going on 6 years old now (note they will have some waxy/oily secretion in their sac this is completely normal and does not need to be cleaned out as this is what lubricates the sac to allow proper passing of stools). When I do clean them I only use coconut oil and q-tips (virgin cold pressed coconut oil, available in most supermarkets generally in the asian cooking section). Whatever you put in their anal area must be safe if consumed, I would be hesitant to use micellar water.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yeah I was hesistant as well to use micellar water, so I wanted to be sure because I didn’t want to create any issues for my piggy. He anal sac on the outside does look a bit dirty so i don’t know if I should just clean the outside or should I do the inside as well? I’m a bit scared to stick it in because I don’t want to hurt him if I’m doing it wrong. Is it safe to put the coconut oil inside him?

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,204 Rec'd/5,737 Posts
    Mentioned
    2024 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3768 Post(s)

What's the matter with just plain water out of the tap?

Here's a video on how to clean a boar's anal sac and penis: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...n-the-Anal-Sac

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Im not sure exactly. I think she said in the video that regular water does make it a bit uncomfortable which I’m not sure how. But thank you

Thanks
    Thanks
    495 Rec'd/417 Posts
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

Yes it is safe to put coconut oil inside the anal sac, as it is an oil it won't dry things out too much and it is safe if they happen to ingest some. If only the outside is dirty then only clean the outside, you only need to clean the inside of the sac if it has foreign stuff stuck in there. If you only need to clean the outside then just get a tissue, damp it down with just regular water and wipe the dirt off.

Personally I don't use just water inside the anal sac itself unless the boy has a lot of natural waxy/oily stuff built up in there, if I use just water and q-tips on some of my cleaner boys the q-tip pulls at their skin too much for my (and their) liking.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

How do I know if the inside is dirty? Just stick in the q-tip to find out, pretty much?

Thanks
    Thanks
    495 Rec'd/417 Posts
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

No you sit down with them on your lap, put your hand under their chest and then lift up their front half so that their back is against your stomach. You may need to use your free hand to shift their bum forward so you can see what you are doing. Once you have them in a position where you can clearly see their genitals with your free hand use your index and middle fingers, place those two fingers either side of their anal opening on each testicle and gently part the area so you can see inside the sac.

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,204 Rec'd/5,737 Posts
    Mentioned
    2024 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3768 Post(s)

You can open the sac up. I think that video shows you how to spread it with your fingers. It's fairly deep, so you just swipe through it with the q-tip.

But you only want to clean the sac if there's stuff in it. Otherwise, you may stretch the muscles, causing them problems with impaction in later life.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

ok, thank you guys so much! i'll test it out tomorrow

User Tag List