Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

  1. #1
    Cavy Newbie
    Joined
    Oct 02, 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    5
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

    Yesterday I introduced myself and my 3 girls Nora, Sylvia, and Adaline! I didn't get to upload pictures as my phone wouldn't cooperate! Today we had scheduled a meet with 3 girls at a local shelter. Their pictures captured my heart in an email they sent me and this shelter is not well equipped for small animals. Our meet was great, the girls came right up to us and my heart melted. Of course we knew that we had to adopt them, so 3 now makes 6!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	83604
    From top to bottom we have Elaine, Josephine, and Beatrice. They look so small in this picture but these girls are real chunkers I'll be sure to get better pictures when they settle in!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	83605
    Here we have Nora on the left and Sylvia on the right! Nora is the sassy leader of our group and Sylvia is so sweet but is quite shy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	83606
    Last but not least this is Adaline! I don't have many good pictures of her as she is absolutely terrified of everything. She had a pretty rough start to life but she is making strides and I love her to bits!

    Well thats my group, feel free to leave pictures of yours! I love seeing everyone's piggies!

  2. #2
    Cavy Champion Guinea Pig Papa's Avatar
    Joined
    May 12, 2015
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,894
    Thanks
    275
    Thanks
    427 Rec'd/384 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

    Re: 3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

    Well, well, well. Congratulations on the new additions, and I hope everything with your new, larger herd goes very, very well.

    Welcome, Elaine, Josephine and Beatrice!

  3. #3
    Cavy Newbie
    Joined
    Oct 02, 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    5
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

    Quote Originally Posted by Guinea Pig Papa View Post
    Well, well, well. Congratulations on the new additions, and I hope everything with your new, larger herd goes very, very well.

    Welcome, Elaine, Josephine and Beatrice!
    Thank you much! They are such a delight already, our herd is definitely full now!

  4. #4
    Cavy Slave Spartan021's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 30, 2017
    Location
    Port Orchard, Wa 98367
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/8 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: 3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

    congrats on the new pigs ive got four little fluffs and they are the best ever.

  5. "Thank you, Spartan021, for this useful post," says:


  6. #5
    Cavy Newbie
    Joined
    Oct 02, 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    5
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan021 View Post
    congrats on the new pigs ive got four little fluffs and they are the best ever.
    I couldn’t agree more! I’d have so many if my schedule allowed for it! We actually were aiming for a herd of 4 but couldn’t resist these 3!

  7. #6
    Cavy Slave Spartan021's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 30, 2017
    Location
    Port Orchard, Wa 98367
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/8 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: 3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

    the more the merrier.

  8. "Thank you, Spartan021, for this useful post," says:


  9. #7
    Cavy Star wigglemish's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 10, 2017
    Location
    Polegate, East Sussex
    Posts
    333
    Thanks
    68
    Thanks
    75 Rec'd/68 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

    Re: 3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

    Congratulations. The same happened to us. We sort of went up to 8 almost by accident in days long past. Enjoy your wonderful big family. A large herd is such a joy.

  10. "Thank you, wigglemish, for this useful post," says:


  11. #8
    Cavy Newbie
    Joined
    Oct 02, 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    5
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

    Quote Originally Posted by wigglemish View Post
    Congratulations. The same happened to us. We sort of went up to 8 almost by accident in days long past. Enjoy your wonderful big family. A large herd is such a joy.
    Thank you! I’d love to have 8, I need to become a stay at home piggy Mom !

  12. #9
    Cavy Star wigglemish's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 10, 2017
    Location
    Polegate, East Sussex
    Posts
    333
    Thanks
    68
    Thanks
    75 Rec'd/68 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

    Re: 3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

    It was wonderful. They were a beautiful family.

    What I would say is that with a large herd like you have now, make sure you put -plenty- of money away for vets bills. It's a sombre thing to think of when you are in the middle of your bliss with your new family, but trust me; no vet fund is too much for a family that size. It happened to us more than once that multiple girls became ill at the same time, or in very quick succession. We've gone through -thousands- in a month before. So make sure you are completely financially prepared for the worst possible luck.

  13. "Thank you, wigglemish, for this useful post," says:


  14. #10
    Cavy Newbie
    Joined
    Oct 02, 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    5
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

    Quote Originally Posted by wigglemish View Post
    It was wonderful. They were a beautiful family.

    What I would say is that with a large herd like you have now, make sure you put -plenty- of money away for vets bills. It's a sombre thing to think of when you are in the middle of your bliss with your new family, but trust me; no vet fund is too much for a family that size. It happened to us more than once that multiple girls became ill at the same time, or in very quick succession. We've gone through -thousands- in a month before. So make sure you are completely financially prepared for the worst possible luck.
    We are no stranger to vet bills that’s for sure! We’ve had another herd of 6 before! Just took a break to grieve after everyone passed as they got older. We also have a dog, cat, chinchilla, 2 hamsters and the husband has 2 ferrets! So we keep the vet funds safely padded for emergencies! But thank you so much, even in our time of bliss we have to be cautious!

  15. #11
    Cavy Star wigglemish's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 10, 2017
    Location
    Polegate, East Sussex
    Posts
    333
    Thanks
    68
    Thanks
    75 Rec'd/68 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

    Re: 3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

    Aah fair enough. I just thought I would chime in, we've had a tough year. Sounds like you've had some hard times too. I really hope you have nothing but joy in the coming years. Your girls are beautiful and have obviously gone to a very good home.

  16. "Thank you, wigglemish, for this useful post," says:


  17. #12
    Cavy Newbie
    Joined
    Oct 02, 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    5
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 New Piggies!! And Pictures of Our Others!

    Quote Originally Posted by wigglemish View Post
    Aah fair enough. I just thought I would chime in, we've had a tough year. Sounds like you've had some hard times too. I really hope you have nothing but joy in the coming years. Your girls are beautiful and have obviously gone to a very good home.
    Thank you for chiming in! I would much rather people who care forewarn anyone than to say nothing at all! All too often I hear of people not having enough for vet bills and the fate of their piggies does not turn out well. I saw where your herd lost one recently, I’m so sorry to see that.

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •