0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

Exclamation C&C Coroplast safety - chewing & longevity inquiry

Hi Everyone!

I am a 10+ year multi-pig owner (gosh, has it been that long already?) And my husband and I are considering renovating our cage setup. We've used a large C&C single-level cage for some time, and are debating adding a second tier. After reading a lot about Coroplast, I have these questions, which to my surprise don't often seem to be addressed:

1. Do your pigs chew on the Coroplast? If so, does injesting it harm them? (Idk what kinds of plastics Coroplast is made of, but I am slightly concerned that my boy will eat away at his home)

2. Do you find yourself (likely for reasons related to chewing or being used in a high traffic area of the cafe) needing to replace the Coroplast sections of your cage? If so, how frequently?

just a few thoughts I was hoping to get experiences/advice on. Thanks!!

Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4064 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    7,502 Rec'd/5,994 Posts

Re: C&C Coroplast safety - chewing & longevity inquiry

Mine have all tasted it, but I've never had a determined chewer. Those who have have often been able to discourage them by putting report binder spines along the top edge, or installing plexiglass inside the coroplast.

It's nearly indestructible. I have one piece in my cage that has been there six years. No guinea pig traffic would ever do anything to it.

User Tag List