Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast C&C Coroplast safety - chewing & longevity inquiry

Photosynthesis

Cavy Gazer
Hi Everyone!

I am a 10+ year multi-pig owner (gosh, has it been that long already?) And my husband and I are considering renovating our cage setup. We've used a large C&C single-level cage for some time, and are debating adding a second tier. After reading a lot about Coroplast, I have these questions, which to my surprise don't often seem to be addressed:

1. Do your pigs chew on the Coroplast? If so, does injesting it harm them? (Idk what kinds of plastics Coroplast is made of, but I am slightly concerned that my boy will eat away at his home)

2. Do you find yourself (likely for reasons related to chewing or being used in a high traffic area of the cafe) needing to replace the Coroplast sections of your cage? If so, how frequently?

just a few thoughts I was hoping to get experiences/advice on. Thanks!! :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Mine have all tasted it, but I've never had a determined chewer. Those who have have often been able to discourage them by putting report binder spines along the top edge, or installing plexiglass inside the coroplast.

It's nearly indestructible. I have one piece in my cage that has been there six years. No guinea pig traffic would ever do anything to it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.