Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Putting togther the perfect cage for my two piggies...Ideas Needed

Highhopes112

Cavy Slave
So my sister is going to buy me a 2x5 cage and I want to set it up as the perfect home for my two boys so I'm looking for ideas to make it just right for them and I'm just looking for a little advice.

So first I have Cain He is a hyperactive little pain in the butt but I absolutely love him.. He loves to run laps around the cage that hes in so I know I don't want to clutter it up too much but he also really loves to jump up onto the ledge in his cage an squeak at me like crazy which amuses me to no end, so I want something he can jump on (the ledge in his cage is about five inches). I also want some other fun toys for he to play with. I was thinking about using zipties to tie cardboard boxes (like the ones food and stuf comes in from the store)to the sides so that I could change it up every few weeks, I set some up in the run that I was using for alittle while and he reall seemed to like them. I don't know what you guys think about that...

Then I have Abaddon who pretty much just stands there and walks around. I was going to put in a kind of DIY fleece forest and some kind of divider for him so he has places to stand out of Cain's way but I'm still not really sure what I'm going to use, so any ideas on that would be really helpful.

I also really want to know what other things you guys have in your cages that your piggies love and just other brilliant cage ideas, so just let me know what you think.

effervescent

Cavy Slave
I would recommend creating a stable perch surface with a ramp for your first pig; it will be better on his joints in the long run. You could make it out of spare grids and cover it well in coroplast or something similar. For your second, the fleece forest is a good idea, as would be pouches and cozies that can move if your first pig runs them over. I would also section off a corner with grids by your hat to keep it from getting everywhere. My pig has a 1x1 with a large door opening where her hay goes, with two I would make it bigger to prevent any issues. Perhaps 1x2?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There are jillions of cage pictures in the photo galleries here.

Highhopes112

Cavy Slave
Thanks all for the links and advice, I was looking all over the internet and couldn't really tell what was going to be a good idea and what wasn't.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.