Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Best place to buy?

likeableme

Cavy Slave
What/where is the cheapest place to buy fleece?

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
If you live in the US, one of the best places is a Joanns Fabric Store. They have an amazing selection and they usually have decent sales on their fleece, especially around black friday.

All of my cage liners are made from Joanns anti-pill fleece and they have held up really well to years of use!

effervescent

Cavy Slave
I can get 10 yds of fleece from Joann's for $50, plus shipping. I probably ought to have bought from the store directly, where I could have gotten some fleece for the same price minus shipping. Make sure you use coupons when purchasing from them! Right now it's $2.99 a yard on some of their fleece.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
If you live in the US, one of the best places is a Joanns Fabric Store. They have an amazing selection and they usually have decent sales on their fleece, especially around black friday.

All of my cage liners are made from Joanns anti-pill fleece and they have held up really well to years of use!

JoAnn stores has some amazing sales on fleece on Black Friday. I shop and plan ahead so that I know exactly what I want. You can score some wonderful deals if you visit their stores before noon. I try to plan ahead for the entire year. Unfortunately, I still haven't sewn the fleece I bought two years ago! >(

I prefer blizzard fleece because it is a tighter weave and more durable when making sewn liners. My liners are 6 years old and just now falling apart. Bleaching them is sometimes necessary, but like any fabric, bleach will cause them to disintegrate faster. I've found that the key to removing odor in the liners is to run a short "rinse-and-spin" cycle with vinegar added after the regular wash cycle.

With regard to shopping in their stores, be sure to download the JoAnn app before you go to get all the money saving coupons.

BrittCaveys

Cavy Slave
During winter months. Super Walmarts carry fleece throw blankets for 2.50 a blanket. They are a decent size and are in all different patterns and colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.