Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Impaction white impacted poop

samsterlacci

Cavy Slave
Hey all as Charla gets older I’m having to clean his butt with mineral oil for impactions a lot more. Tonight I was cleaning him out and this poop with light came on it, should I be worried? It seems like I’m having to deal with his impactions about once a week.

f3aec2d7a0a02d88389dd428029bb87d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
What kind of bedding is he on? Male guinea pigs flip their sacs open and gather up all sorts of junk in it. It could be a bit of bedding, a bit of food or other trash.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
I believe that is a normal secretion they use to scent mark with, it kind of belongs there, but when you were cleaning out his poop you happened to pull that out too. I bet it stinks too, lol

samsterlacci

Cavy Slave
I believe that is a normal secretion they use to scent mark with, it kind of belongs there, but when you were cleaning out his poop you happened to pull that out too. I bet it stinks too, lol

Yes it did stink LOL, but he is happier now that he’s all clean.

samsterlacci

Cavy Slave
What kind of bedding is he on? Male guinea pigs flip their sacs open and gather up all sorts of junk in it. It could be a bit of bedding, a bit of food or other trash.

I am using a fleece bedding. Just to note, he had lots of poop to clean out this was the very last poop I got out (meaning it was farther up).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.