Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

RIP Sweet Belly

Pammers2169

Cavy Slave
I found my Sweet Belly had died in the early morning hours. I knew this day would come but I still can't believe she's gone. Tomorrow she will be cremated. I think the idea of her still being with me brings some comfort. Belly was an amazing girl, she came to me from a group home for the developmentally disabled. She had a rough life, a broken back, gave birth, had an abscess treated twice, was sprayed with Lysol, and had her nails grow into her feet pads. I hope her last 3 years with me were happy. During the last year she had a terrible case of ongoing bloat episodes which became increasingly worse with age. She was seen on 9/1 for motility and pain medication. I miss you Sweet Belly, RIP you are a hero to your GP siblings.....you started this GP adventure. You are loved.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost her. I'm sure her last years with you were the best of her life.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost sweet little Belly. It's inconceivable to me how anyone could treat such a sweet, adorable creature like a guinea pig that way, and yet it's always there.

Thank you for taking her away from that, and showing her love and devotion for the rest of her life. I'm sure the time she spent in your home was the best she'd ever had.

Rest in peace, sweet little Belly girl. Go and make some new friends at the Rainbow Bridge, and enjoy all the delicious greens without pain and suffering. Then you can cross the Bridge together with mom and all your piggie siblings.

Pammers2169

Cavy Slave
This morning I sat on the porch waiting for the crematory driver, expected between 6a and 8a. I watched the squirrels play in the trees and wild bunnies pouncing about. Then I saw the most beautiful bird land on a tree branch and stare right at me. I got my phone to take a picture but he flew away. At 7:30 I was feeling worried that no one was coming and guilt that I was not caring for Belly's body with respect began to worry me. I ran in the house and called but there was no answer, I then wrote a note to send with Belly, it said " thank you for taking care of my pet. Please take care of her like I would. This guinea pig had a rough life but she was brave. She trusted anyone and was very friendly. I trust you with her, please treat her with respect. I couldn't bury her. Thank you.". I went back to the porch put the letter on the shoe box and sat waiting and hoping someone would come. It was 8a, still no answer at the crematorium. The blue bird reappeared, he sat on his branch and stared at us. At 8:10a the crematory driver pulled up and I handed over my beloved Sweet Belly. I began to cry, I explained the importance of treating her gently. When the driver left the blue bird flew away following the truck. I suppose I have to trust them since that was the choice I made. I hope the blue bird is watching over My Sweet Belly. I am now at peace, my Sweet Belly is in no more pain.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Your story about you and Belly waiting for the driver absolutely broke my heart, and it rubbed my own unhealed wounds painful again. I'm sure the Blue Bird was there to watch over both of you and make sure you were both safe.

When my Pooper passed away, I too wanted to have him cremated. I am absolutely set against being buried, and I did NOT want that for Poopy. However, I had no choice. I couldn't afford to have him cremated, and I couldn't keep him that way. So I buried him in his favourite spot outdoors, and had a very special marker made just for him.

I know how hard it is to lose a girl so special as Belly. I hope you find some comfort in having her with you when she returns to you.

Sly, Punkin and Scooter send their wheeks and grumbles of comfort to you and your herd in this painful time.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Yet another post about a beloved piggy passing that has me in tears. I'm so very sorry, she really did have a rough start, but you gave her an amazing life, your love for her is palpable. I've never had to go through the experience of bloat with any of my pigs, but I've heard how awful and painful it is for them. Console yourself with the fact that she will never have to feel that pain again. I'm sure that little blue bird was there to guide her to the rainbow bridge where she can popcorn, free from pain. RIP sweet little Belly :love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.