Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Is my Jinx okay? [Poop Warning!]

PJJGP

Cavy Slave
My pig Jinx (she's 2 in December) has had pointy poops for the past few days. She's eating and drinking just fine and not making noises when she poops/pees. No blood or anything weird. Just pointy poops. What do I do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Is she eating anything new? Or not eating anything that she normally does? Anything at all changed in her diet?

Pointy poops aren't usually a sign of a serious problem, but you should keep an eye on it in case something worse develops.

PJJGP

Cavy Slave
Is she eating anything new? Or not eating anything that she normally does? Anything at all changed in her diet?

Pointy poops aren't usually a sign of a serious problem, but you should keep an eye on it in case something worse develops.
No she's hasn't had anything new[emoji852] I'm glad it's not usually a serious problem though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Then I'd watch carefully. Weigh her daily for a while, preferably in the morning before breakfast. Record the weights to see if she's losing weight -- you'll have to do that over a period of days to establish any sort of pattern.

If you notice any other symptoms, or if the poop gets mushier or turns into outright diarrhea, then see an exotic vet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.