Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

introduction:

maxnruby

Cavy Gazer
hello :) so my babies are max n ruby, i've had them for a little over a month now & i love them to death!!! they're my babies, i try so hard to keep them happy and spoil them rotten, i'm really trying to upgrade them to a c & c cage but expenses are rough right now so i just try to keep them out of the cage as much as possible!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxnruby

Cavy Gazer
yes & yes

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Good for you! Pregnancy and delivery are VERY hard on guinea pig sows, and the death rate is high. Thanks for making sure that doesn't happen.

fluffbutt

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! If you're a little creative, there's heaps of ways you can make a C&C-type cage without the expense.

My current cage is an old birdcage (free from a friend), that I completely unscrewed and set up like a C&C. The only real expense was the corflute, and I picked that up very cheaply from a hardware store. You could also repurpose wire shelving, and some people have even used IKEA book cases.

Good luck with Max & Ruby, and enjoy them :)

maxnruby

Cavy Gazer
could i see a pic of your cage?

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum, maxnruby! We're glad to have you, and your babies are adorable!

Jandthepigsquad

Cavy Slave
Hello. Congratulations on your new pets. I don't know where you are located, but Amazon sells grids and coroplast sheets. Also, I would start with the basics first before buying the extras. When you go on the Internet and see all of the cages with all of the cosies and tunnels, it is easy to think your pigs don't have what they need. But, they need shelter and food. So, start with the needs; a safe place to live, safe bedding, good quality pellets, fresh hay, fresh water and veggies. And then, buy the wants; cosies, cuddlecups, tunnels, etc. Good luck to you and your new piggies!

fluffbutt

Cavy Slave
could i see a pic of your cage?

Yep, here's it in progress, and then the finished cage. The front bit is garden edging from a hardware shop, with corflute covering it so the piggies can't nibble it :)

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Neat cage?

What's the floor of the ramp covered with? If it's tape, you should know that pigs LOVE it, and it will kill them because it will block their intestines.

fluffbutt

Cavy Slave
Neat cage?

What's the floor of the ramp covered with? If it's tape, you should know that pigs LOVE it, and it will kill them because it will block their intestines.
No, not tape, it's just gray coloured plastic

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.