Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other Sound machine

samsterlacci

Cavy Slave
I bought a "dohm" sound machine off of amazon to mask out the noise of my very noisy guinea pig who often keeps me up at night. Basically all it does it blow out air but is loud. I don't know much about guinea pig hearing, but would this noise bother him??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I doubt it. But silicone ear plugs work very well to block sound, and don't make any noise at all. :)

Zofia

Cavy Slave
There really isn't any way to "block out" guinea pig noises/sounds. Maybe try putting them somewhere else and closing the doors?

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
I bought a "dohm" sound machine off of amazon to mask out the noise of my very noisy guinea pig who often keeps me up at night. Basically all it does it blow out air but is loud. I don't know much about guinea pig hearing, but would this noise bother him??

Nope. We have one and my daughter would run the app I have on my phone for traveling to mask some of the GP noises when she was sleeping. Doesn't bother them one bit and I find sound machines to be fabulous - but careful, they are addictive so if you don't bring it with you when you travel, you may find yourself downloading an app like mine.

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
I don't have one of these and my pigs have always lived in my bedroom. I've found that I do now phase the noise out most of the time, it's like piggy lullabies that sing me off to sleep. I find it too quiet when I go away and my girls aren't with me. I've just ended up getting used to them.

That's not to say they don't wake me up from time to time. Normally it's zoomies that wake me, rather than wheeks or anything like that. But I don't really mind, I'm just happy to hear them happy. (Mind you, my caffeine consumption on those days probably isn't good for me XD).

samsterlacci

Cavy Slave
I don't have one of these and my pigs have always lived in my bedroom. I've found that I do now phase the noise out most of the time, it's like piggy lullabies that sing me off to sleep. I find it too quiet when I go away and my girls aren't with me. I've just ended up getting used to them.

That's not to say they don't wake me up from time to time. Normally it's zoomies that wake me, rather than wheeks or anything like that. But I don't really mind, I'm just happy to hear them happy. (Mind you, my caffeine consumption on those days probably isn't good for me XD).

LOL! Yes I love hearing my pig at night. :) Just when my friends sleep over they aren't used to it. I got the Flerplast sippy bottle and it's so quiet, so that made a huge difference for me. I love waking up in the morning to little Charlie wheeking!

samsterlacci

Cavy Slave
Nope. We have one and my daughter would run the app I have on my phone for traveling to mask some of the GP noises when she was sleeping. Doesn't bother them one bit and I find sound machines to be fabulous - but careful, they are addictive so if you don't bring it with you when you travel, you may find yourself downloading an app like mine.

Awesome! LOL I hope I will not get addicted to the sound machine but I like it a lot[emoji23]

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
LOL! Yes I love hearing my pig at night. :) Just when my friends sleep over they aren't used to it. I got the Flerplast sippy bottle and it's so quiet, so that made a huge difference for me. I love waking up in the morning to little Charlie wheeking!

Hehe yep! Piggy alarm clocks are the best, the moment they hear me starting to move in the morning it's all "Wheek wheek wheek we want breakfast!"

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
That's great, you guys all get wheeks and zoomies and cool stuff to wake up to. Mine look like refugees at 6 a.m. All waiting at the bars. You can even see Sly in the top left.

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
That's great, you guys all get wheeks and zoomies and cool stuff to wake up to. Mine look like refugees at 6 a.m. All waiting at the bars. You can even see Sly in the top left.

The GP wake-up is a huge part of why my daughter didn't want us to take the piggies out of her room, totally understandable given their adorableness, however, it would happen at, like, 4 am. By the time I come downstairs between 5:30 and 6 I have to turn the lights on slowly, be quiet, etc. or they look at me like some horrible monster who ruins good sleep. lol This morning they were NOT AMUSED that I found the puppy had grabbed a piece of cat poop from upstairs (ewwwwwww :sick: and why didn't i put the gate back?!?!) and was eating it ON THE COUCH! So 5 minutes into their morning I am yelling about disgusting cat poop and they spent 20 minutes grouching at me for treats just because I did so.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.