Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Could use some help on Fleece

SonOfOdin

Cavy Slave
So ive tried this fleece blanket out for a bit now. But i need to improve it way more. Im still new to trying to get into fleece over wood bedding. I dont really know what i all need. I have a CnC cage 59" by 30". The material ive used under the fleece is not working out. The pee just sits on top and doesnt really absorb

So pretty much im looking for some kind of different fleece bedding and some material that goes under it. Thanks! If you could link it from the store here id appreciate it.

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
Ok, the first thing is that you need to wash any fleece several times with unscented detergent and vinegar to get it to wick the liquid away. If you've done this and it's still not working, it has to have something to do with the wood bedding, but I haven't heard of that being an issue before.

Most people use two layers of these uhaul pads https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Protective-stuff/Furniture-Pad?id=2670 under their fleece and usually sew it all together (I'm lazy and just layer it). Again with these pads you have to wash them a few times with vinegar too in order to get them to really absorb.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.