Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Old Member Returning Back

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
If you go to a sign store, you can get coroplast much cheaper. I got mine for $7.00. I just gave them the dimensions and they cut it & scored it for me. A box of grids at Bed, Bath & Beyond costs around $18. So it doesn't have to be a $100 and it would give your pig a much roomier cage.

ChristyAnne

Cavy Slave
If you go to a sign store, you can get coroplast much cheaper. I got mine for $7.00. I just gave them the dimensions and they cut it & scored it for me. A box of grids at Bed, Bath & Beyond costs around $18. So it doesn't have to be a $100 and it would give your pig a much roomier cage.

as far as i know there are no sign stores in my little village, as i have said before, i dont drive...so it make things difficult..

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
The grids can be ordered online. I have seen them on Amazon for a similar price to BB&B.

ChristyAnne

Cavy Slave
The grids can be ordered online. I have seen them on Amazon for a similar price to BB&B.

I dont own any credit cards either and my visa debit scotia card is not accepted by amazon or walmart,... so shopping online isnt a option and i would rather not get used to doing that...

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Hmmm okay you mentioned that your mom threw out the grids you had before. So you must have been able to find them somewhere before, right? Can you get them from where you got them before? Also, I don't know if you mentioned what happened to the coroplast you had before.

ChristyAnne

Cavy Slave
Hmmm okay you mentioned that your mom threw out the grids you had before. So you must have been able to find them somewhere before, right? Can you get them from where you got them before? Also, I don't know if you mentioned what happened to the coroplast you had before.

Its a long story.. I moved to a different town, when I lived in Morrisburg yes The grids were a lot cheaper 4 years ago and canadian tire was within walking distance then so i bought 3 boxes of them, i still have all the connectors just no grids.. when i moved in with my mom in Chesterville, she put them somewhere and then when they moved to a diff house they were never found again...

The coroplast i had before got damaged during my move... and at the time i moved i didnt have my first pair anymore so i didnt replace it...

Last edited:

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Okay so...the good news is, we have members from some different countries on the forum, including Canada, obviously LOL. We even have a sub-forum for Canada! :) If you post there and ask if anyone has extra grids and/or coroplast they are selling or giving away, they might be able to hook you up. It can't hurt to try, right?

(broken link removed)

ChristyAnne

Cavy Slave
I understand everything about the c and c cages ok...i get it... but as it stands at this point in time...my apartment is kinda small so i really cant build one at this time...or i wouldnt have any floor space in my living room. I had to juggle things around just to accomadate my pet store cage to fit..

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Okay... well the question is why did you get Peanut when you knew you didn't have room for an adequate cage? It seems to me that you knew you had little space and not enough money to buy a C&C and yet you got a guinea pig?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
OK, everybody, this discussion about the size of the cage is over. You've all made your points to ChristyAnne about the cage size. She's going to do whatever she's going to do. Let's drop it, or I'll close the thread.

ChristyAnne

Cavy Slave
Go ahead and close this thread, as i will no longer be posting anything anymore on here..last post

CrystalCavy

Cavy Slave
Oh, ok. Try on Amazon then. Or you can try buying from someone else on Kijiji.

ChristyAnne

Cavy Slave
OK all, I haven't replied back because i have finally been able to plan and build a brand new C and C cage...i made a 2x3 for now since i only have 2 pigs but i do plan and getting more grids to extend it and make a stand...right now its on my kitchen table and well zip tied to it..

Last edited:

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
That's a great start! I'm sure your pigs will be much happier with some extra space!

ChristyAnne

Cavy Slave
That's a great start! I'm sure your pigs will be much happier with some extra space!

yes Piglet seems to be more happier and well the new baby is still new but Piglet is much happier now as well having a new cage friend...However, he has been doing tons of Rumble strutting so to speak...the are both males so i am gonna presume its a dominance thing...

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It certainly is. Perfectly normal.

ChristyAnne

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.