Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other Sprayed for Cockroaches

samsterlacci

Cavy Slave
Hello all! Today at my apartment they sprayed for roaches. Not to worry, I only saw one in my room and the rest were in the kitchen. My piggy lives in my room. Anyways, last night/today he has been staying at my boyfriends apartment because I don't want the toxins to effect him. How long before I can take my piggy back to my room? I called the apartment complex and they say that humans should stay away between 3-4hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just as a guess on my part, I'd feel safer with him being out of the house for a couple of days. That's just me. Perhaps longer. I do remember when I lived in an apartment building a few years ago, our suite was treated for bedbugs and we had to be out for a full 48 hours after treatment. I'd feel comfortable with even longer to be honest.

samsterlacci

Cavy Slave
Just as a guess on my part, I'd feel safer with him being out of the house for a couple of days. That's just me. Perhaps longer. I do remember when I lived in an apartment building a few years ago, our suite was treated for bedbugs and we had to be out for a full 48 hours after treatment. I'd feel comfortable with even longer to be honest.

Okay thanks! Ill just see how long I can keep him there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Once the spray has dried, you can put him back in his normal area.

samsterlacci

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.