Thanks
    Thanks
    362 Rec'd/324 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Pooper's final resting place.

I couldn't add to his original thread, so I posted it in a new one.

It's taken me far too long to get this done, but it has finally arrived. This is the marker for Poopy's final resting place. I started bawling when I saw it.

Til I see you again, my baby boy......Name:  $_12.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  16.5 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20170825_114855.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	83262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170825_114831.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	178.3 KB 
ID:	83263

Thanks
    Thanks
    75 Rec'd/68 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

Re: Pooper's final resting place.

So lovely. I'm sobbing.

3. "Thank you, wigglemish, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,436 Rec'd/1,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1065 Post(s)

It turned out great! You must be so pleased. I'll tell you......there's just nothing like a first love. Chester was my first (this time around) and he will always occupy a special place in my heart.

5. "Thank you, spy9doc, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    645 Rec'd/554 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)

What a beautiful marker! I had tears in my eyes when I read the verse on it. Pooper was definitely a blessed little pig to have had such a dedicated owner. What a wonderful tribute to his memory.

You seem like such a kind and caring person. When I read your replies to other members you always seem to know the right thing to say. People come and go on this forum and everyone has something to add but members like you, and a few others that I could mention, just enrich this forum. You make it a pleasure to be here.

7. "Thank you, Kelsie, for this useful post," say these 2 members:

Thanks
    Thanks
    37 Rec'd/37 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

That is a beautiful gorgeous marker.

9. "Thank you, Shieme, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    362 Rec'd/324 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spy9doc View Post
    It turned out great! You must be so pleased. I'll tell you......there's just nothing like a first love. Chester was my first (this time around) and he will always occupy a special place in my heart.
    It DID turn out well. It looks so much better, and is far more fitting for him than the piece of wooden panelling with his name written in Sharpie on it. That patch of grass near the hedge was his favourite place, so it seemed perfect and the marker and stand are protected by the hedge. A peaceful place for him to rest.

Thanks
    Thanks
    362 Rec'd/324 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
    What a beautiful marker! I had tears in my eyes when I read the verse on it. Pooper was definitely a blessed little pig to have had such a dedicated owner. What a wonderful tribute to his memory.

You seem like such a kind and caring person. When I read your replies to other members you always seem to know the right thing to say. People come and go on this forum and everyone has something to add but members like you, and a few others that I could mention, just enrich this forum. You make it a pleasure to be here.
    Thank you so much for the kind words, Kelsie. I think I was the blessed one to have Poopy in my life.

Funny story. Pooper was my son's guinea pig. He came to us one day and said, can I get a guinea pig? And I said NO! You'll get bored with him, won't look after him and I just don't have the time to do it myself.

Pooper joined us three days later, and very quickly became my precious boy, and stayed that way. I NEVER would have known him had I stuck to my guns. I'm so glad I caved.

When I reply to other members, I speak as if I was speaking about my own pig. It's the only way I know how. I know how I would feel, so I try to convey that to others, and help them as so many others here have helped me. The people in this forum have saved Sly's life sharing information, and others here have gone even further than that. So I owe a debt that I will repay as often as I can to others who need the information that I've learned and experienced.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,436 Rec'd/1,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1065 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guinea Pig Papa View Post
    The people in this forum have saved Sly's life sharing information, and others here have gone even further than that. So I owe a debt that I will repay as often as I can to others who need the information that I've learned and experienced.
    That's what we call "paying forward". I think that's why those of us who have been here several years stick around. Most people come and go after they get what they need from the forum. Others get really busy and are not always active, but they tend to return when they need support. Others of us are just happy to share our experiences, our wisdom, and yes, we also continually learn new information.

Thanks
    Thanks
    362 Rec'd/324 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spy9doc View Post
    That's what we call "paying forward". I think that's why those of us who have been here several years stick around. Most people come and go after they get what they need from the forum. Others get really busy and are not always active, but they tend to return when they need support. Others of us are just happy to share our experiences, our wisdom, and yes, we also continually learn new information.
    That's why I'm staying, too. To learn, to share experiences, and to have a camaraderie with like-minded people who share one of my many passions! I often won't post in a thread if I have nothing productive or helpful to add, or I simply just don't know. Sometimes it's just to offer support. And sometimes, I'm just so overloaded with calls that I can't get home, nor use my phone. Yes, I often post on the road from my phone! But I plan on being here for some time to come, and if the day ever comes that I stop posting and disappear entirely, you know I've been hit by a car or truck!

Thanks
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

What a gorgeous way to remember Pooper! I'm so sorry for your loss.

My first piggy, Stevie, is three now. But I know I'll be absolutely devastated when his time comes. He was my first, and he's the cuddliest of my three guinea pigs, and always chats to me when I come into the room.

15. "Thank you, fluffbutt, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    362 Rec'd/324 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

To the best friend I've ever had...

It's been a year. An entire year has passed without you, and it hurts.

Every day, I see your photos. Every day, I pass your grave. Every day, I miss you. I miss you so very, very much that some days the weight is unbearable.

And it hurts.

It hurts so much, the ache in my heart is like nothing I've ever felt, or ever experienced. I have no idea why you touched my soul so much.

I hope you are resting easy, my precious boy. Nothing can ever replace you. One day, I will make my own journey to the Rainbow Bridge to find you.

Then, wherever home is, we can go there. Together.

I love you, Pooper pig. I always will. I miss you, buddy.

They say memories are golden,
    Well, that may be true.
    I never wanted memories,
    I only wanted you.

A million times I've needed you,
    And a million times I've cried.
    If my love alone could have saved you,
    You never could have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
    In death I love you still.
    In my heart you hold a place,
    Nothing could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway,
    And heartache make a lane,
    I'd walk the path to the Rainbow Bridge
    And bring you home again.

Our family chain is broken,
    Nothing will ever be the same.
    But as we're called home, one by one,
    The chain will link again.

Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/8 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Hi Guinea Pig PaPa, I really like your marker. Poopy is surely loved. I'm sorry you lost him and that you have to miss him everyday. I feel like I haven't seen Belly in such a long time but today is one month passed. I have just started to think about a setting up a memorial shelf in the GP room. I haven't washed her last fleece I hold her cremation tin everyday.
    I love all my piggies but I really had a bond with Belly. Did you have a different bond with Pooper?
    I wish I could say something that would give you comfort, all I know is when you talk about Pooper I feel like I can relate. (( hugs))

18. "Thank you, Pammers2169, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    362 Rec'd/324 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Hi Pammers,

Thank you, I should have gotten his marker done when he passed, he deserved that much.

Poopy was my first as an adult, when I understood what his little life meant. I had a bond with him like I've had with no other. I can't explain it, nor could I do it a disservice to try. I love all my pigs dearly, as you do. The bond with him was very different. I know you feel the same way with Belly, nothing is ever the same after their gone.

Thanks
    Thanks
    34 Rec'd/30 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Pooper's stone is beautiful. How lovely. I'm sure he's smiling and wheeking with joy as he looks down from the rainbow bridge. Know that he'll always be with you in your heart.

21. "Thank you, Nikkipig, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    362 Rec'd/324 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkipig View Post
    Pooper's stone is beautiful. How lovely. I'm sure he's smiling and wheeking with joy as he looks down from the rainbow bridge. Know that he'll always be with you in your heart.
    Thank you, Nikkipig. I'm very glad I found the place that makes them, all of my babies from now on will have one. I feel they deserve that much. Someone I know saw it in my side yard and said, "It's nice, but...why?"

My reply was, "If I have to explain it, you would never understand."

He will never leave my heart. One day I'll find him again.

Thanks
    Thanks
    152 Rec'd/134 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

What an absolutely beautiful marker, and an awesome way to remember him . Non guinea pig people just don't get it, they think you're making a big fuss about nothing. Unfortunately for them, they've never known the joy these little balls of fluff can bring to your life. I don't think you ever get over losing a beloved animal just as you never get over losing a beloved human, you just learn to live with it. You've brought back some sad memories for me with this thread, but also some happy and grateful ones. Bless you for loving him and honoring him in such a wonderful way

24. "Thank you, lisa325, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    29 Rec'd/27 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Gorgeous marker GPP. So much love to you, the boys, and Pooper, forever loved, galloping (guinea pig style) in fields of hay OTR

26. "Thank you, ZiggyPig, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    362 Rec'd/324 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lisa325 View Post
    What an absolutely beautiful marker, and an awesome way to remember him . Non guinea pig people just don't get it, they think you're making a big fuss about nothing. Unfortunately for them, they've never known the joy these little balls of fluff can bring to your life. I don't think you ever get over losing a beloved animal just as you never get over losing a beloved human, you just learn to live with it. You've brought back some sad memories for me with this thread, but also some happy and grateful ones. Bless you for loving him and honoring him in such a wonderful way
    Thank you Lisa. He was pretty special (although they all are, honestly) and he is very deeply missed by us. I completely agree, some people, for whatever reason, will just never understand, or ever know.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to dredge up sad memories for you. This was just my way of honouring him, in a place that DOES understand what they mean to us. I know the folks here understand.

Thanks
    Thanks
    362 Rec'd/324 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyPig View Post
    Gorgeous marker GPP. So much love to you, the boys, and Pooper, forever loved, galloping (guinea pig style) in fields of hay OTR
    Thank you, ZiggyPig. I just know with the personality he had, that he's got lots of new friends at the Rainbow Bridge. He's probably having a blast, walking around making the low pitched, contented noise that he made, and eating whatever tasty treats he can find. Can't wait to go and find him one day.

User Tag List