Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags How can I take down this ad down and get the pigs to a rescue?

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
I am not sure if I'm allowed to point out a Craigslist ad. Basically, I have been looking for guinea pigs online and I came across this ad. I will link it... if links are not allowed, admins, please notify me and remove it.

(broken link removed)

As you can see, there are FIVE guinea pigs in A TINY FISH TANK, god knows if any of them are fixed or not. I've already emailed the owner telling them my concerns. What can I do about this ad? Can I flag it, take it down? Can I get these pigs to a shelter or rescue? I doubt anyone will want to adopt them from this ad when the conditions they are living in are clearly shown. The females could be pregnant, ears could be chewed off, they could have respiratory issues along with a bunch of other illnesses....who knows. I feel really bad for them. I suspect this person is a breeder if they are keeping both genders together like this.

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
Persinally if you know the area they are in, I would contact the local humane society/local animal rescue and report them

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
The area is actually shown in the ad. However, I'm not sure how to go from there. How can I report this to a rescue without knowing the exact address? Would they be able to find out if I gave them the link to the ad?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There's no point in reporting them to a rescue. They can't do anything about it unless the people voluntarily surrender them. You'd have to report it to animal control, and hope that the conditions are bad enough that they'll step in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.