Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Goodbye, Inga

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
Suddenly taken from us last night, out of nowhere.

She was around 6 years old, maybe a little older, we were never certain. Intensively bred, she was rescued from a farm with two other little girls who'd also been treated equally poorly, from a filthy, cramped shed stacked floor to ceiling with tiny cages and babies running loose on the floor... She came to us ravaged with mites, fungal infections, an eye sore and hip issues from her multiple pregnancies. Over the 5 years we were lucky to have with her, she became boisterous, bossy, demanding, rebellious and just the funniest little critter. She had an endless appetite, the loudest wheek in our herd and I like to believe that in our home she was happy...

Hurting so bad. It was so sudden. But we held her through her final moments and she will join our rose garden with our other Rainbow pigs today...

cross

Cavy Slave
So sorry.I know how painful it feels. They become members of your family and it hurts. Hang on.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
My deepest sympathy on Inga's loss.

It had to be such a shock to lose her so suddenly, and I can't imagine how you and your fiancee feel today.

After coming to you from absolutely abhorrent conditions, she was such a lucky pig to have found you. You showed her how it's supposed to be done. You showed her what love and an amazing furever home is supposed to be like.

Her time here is over, but she left with big pieces of your heart to take with her. And, she left you with big pieces of hers to cherish always.

Join all your family members and all your new friends at the Rainbow Bridge until the time comes that you're all together again.

Rest in peace, Inga.

Pitterpatter

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss i cannot imagine what you are going through but know that my thoughts and prayers are with you until you meet again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, Inga! :love:

kayjobear

Cavy Gazer
I am so very sorry for your lost. They're more than just guinea pigs. They're family and you really go get to loving them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

fluffbutt

Cavy Slave
What a beautiful guinea pig! I'm so sorry for your loss x

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to thank you all for your thoughts. Today I sat eating my lunch and suddenly burst into tears. I've realised, I've been so focused on trying to save Crumbs, I haven't had time to really -feel- the shock of losing Inga.

Our home feels so empty. We have lost 5 girls in the last 13 months. That's the risk, I guess, with opening up your heart. You open it up to grief. All our girls were very close in age and it really feels sometimes as if they've been picked off one by one. Like we're cursed. I know that sometimes nature just takes it's course, and all of them have been 5-6 years of age, so eventually illness was going to become a bigger risk. But we've fought and fought and not won once.

Inga was such an enormous shock. She was healthy. After we homed her and dealt with her initial health issues that she came with, she never had a problem. Not so much as a sniffle. She was a little bruiser. It was minutes between knowing something was wrong and her being gone.

I miss my big family. But we've had so much heartache, I don't think I could ever go back to that size herd. As amazing as it was, my heart feels chipped away at. It probably doesn't help that I am very very tired.

Just venting, really. I'm sure we've all been there. Thank you for being friends and loving piggy parents.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
5 girls in just over a year has got to be so very, very hard. I can't say I know how it feels to lose that many in such a short time span, because I don't. I do know how it feels to lose one, and that was enough.

After Poopy left, I had only Sly. I didn't want more pigs, because I didn't want to lose any more pigs. It hurt too much. But I knew Sly was going to get lonely, and that broke my heart just as much. So I got a pair of baby boys, 3 weeks old. Sly is now nearing 6, and I know his time is growing very short indeed. When he leaves me, I will grieve and grieve hard. But he won't be alone.

We're always going to lose them. It's inevitable. It's the time we spend, and the memories we make with them, that matter the most.

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
5 girls in just over a year has got to be so very, very hard. I can't say I know how it feels to lose that many in such a short time span, because I don't. I do know how it feels to lose one, and that was enough.

It's been agony, if I am honest. I have been nursing one girl after another consistently since October. not a day has gone by without medications or forcefeeding...

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I do know one thing. As hard as it is having your little furbabies suffering, I know when Poopy was sick and he was getting medication, and critical care, and all kinds of extra attention, it only seemed to strengthen an already amazing bond that I had with him. It made losing him that much more horrible.

I suppose that's the price we must pay for loving our creatures dearly.

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
This is true. Crumbs will not let my fiance feed her at all, she turns her nose up when he tries. It has to be mummy. And she's taken to resting her chin on my belly and staring up at me while she chews. I really feel she trusts me. I can't stand the thought of losing her too.

Pitterpatter

Cavy Slave
I'm so so very sorry for your loss i know I have already posted that but after reading more of your story my heart aches at the thought of you losing so many in such a short time but you enriched their lives and made it better just by being as loving as you are and know that they aren't sick any more and that you did all you could to save them and I'm sure that they will be waiting for you on the other side of the rainbow bridge and my thoughts and prayers are with you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.