Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

Exclamation How far along is my piggy???

HELP!!!
    Okay so I have four beautiful pigs, who I got at different times. Three are rescue; one store bought. I got them with the impression they were all girls. All four get on so well!
    One of my original two (Nala) showed a lot of, what I thought, was dominating behaviour. Turns out Nala is a boy! And so is my other piggy Tiggy.

Anyway, one of my girls started acting strangely a couple of weeks before the big discovery, she was drinking loads and no longer wanted to be picked up. I took them all to the vets and asked them to sex my piggies but also to see whether she was pregnant and they said that they didn't know and she could be and if she is she's about 4/5 weeks along.

She's putting on loads of weight (she was 8 ounces last week and now over 2lbs) eating a lot- but being fussy, her piggy pellets aren't good enough for her now, and hates being picked up whereas before she was really good. She still moves around the cage as much as she ever did, but she's so big! She's less than 6 months old too. Also when she's on my lap she rests her tummy on my hand and I can feel wiggling around and her nipples have gone really big.

Is there anyway of knowing how far gone she is and when I can expect baby piggies? I'm completely inexperienced with pregnant piggies and want the best for my little girl.

Please help!

Mentioned
    2104 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4056 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    7,488 Rec'd/5,982 Posts

Re: How far along is my piggy???

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...r-along-is-she

Separate Nala NOW if you haven't already. The pregnant one can get pregnant again within just a few minutes of giving birth or miscarries, and back-to-back pregnancies are VERY hard on sows and the second litter of pups.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

Re: How far along is my piggy???

Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...r-along-is-she

Separate Nala NOW if you haven't already. The pregnant one can get pregnant again within just a few minutes of giving birth or miscarries, and back-to-back pregnancies are VERY hard on sows and the second litter of pups.

Don't worry! Separated my boys as soon as I found out they were boars. Gonna have them done soon.

User Tag List