Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello there! new member with two piggies!

guineaomega

Cavy Slave
hi there! my name's Lio and i got my piggies about three months ago. they are named Caviar, a ~4 month old skinny pig, and Truffle, a ~9 month old TSW texel. they're both girls and i love them so much!

here's baby Caviar when we first got her home:

fbWN1Sz.jpg

and here's Truffle when she was still too shy to come out (yes that's an ear tag...her original owner before the person i got her from had her, had her as a show pig but then decided she wasn't good enough to breed. poor thing - but lucky in the end!)

JCiRrGE.jpg

i quickly switched from carefresh to fleece (so much easier to clean and cost effective!)

GnIhxnL.jpg

and i also expanded their cage from a single midwest, as i felt that wasn't nearly enough room -

n4q2pDc.jpg

Caviar is super brave! she wheeks at me whenever i come near and begs for veg, sniffs my hands and makes little beeping/exploratory noises as she runs and popcorns around. Truffle is not as brave, but will come out if you tempt her with lettuce (i also know she comes out and messes about when i'm not immediately next to the cage, hahah). i think it's because she was older when we got her so Caviar, being the baby, is adjusting more quickly. we've had them since april.

fz1ztmh.jpg

we just expanded their cage the other day, i think when i get home i'm gonna make them a test kitchen using a cardboard box and some leftover bedding. i love these two so much, and it's great to see a community who's passionate about their pets!

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums! I'm glad to hear that everything is going so well. You seem like you're off to a great start! I'm sure Truffle and Caviar are very happy with you :) If you have any questions feel free to ask. There are a lot of piggie experts on here!

ryliem

Cavy Slave
Hi! Congrats on your new piggie family :)

guineaomega

Cavy Slave
@CavyTV thank you! i've been lurking the forums quite a bit prior to joining, so i feel like i've learned a lot from this community!

@ryliem hello! thank you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.