Thanks
    Thanks
    848 Rec'd/682 Posts
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)

Alexander Anderson

I've been gone a while, but unfortunately I'm back with some sad news.

Alex had been struggling for several weeks with bladder stones while the vet did his best to ensure he was ready for surgery. The surgery was today, and just now, several hours post op, I lost my boy.

He was just shy of six. He had been healthy all of his life until he got the stones. I was hoping that I would have him at least till eight, because I couldn't bear to think about life without him.

He was the sweetest guinea pig. I've never had a stronger bond with another. When I got him, I much preferred other breeds and thought that Americans were the "boring" choice, but he showed me just how special any pig can be, regardless of breed. He would cuddle with me for hours, leaning next to me as I sat on the couch, and if I got up to get a drink. he would get up in confusion. He got me through a lot of late homework nights over the years, and was happy to sit with me when I was upset and just wanted to hug him. I taught him to kiss on command. Even this morning as I dropped him off at the vet, with huge stones in his bladder, he gave me a kiss. I'm glad I asked for that last one.

I feel so lost without my baby. Only a year ago I lost Fuery. It's not fair how short they both lived. The two of them were my first pets as an adult, and I couldn't have asked for any better.

Name:  AlexNose.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  34.9 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Alex Doge.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	82781

Thanks
    Thanks
    6,401 Rec'd/5,029 Posts
    Mentioned
    1886 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3137 Post(s)

Re: Alexander Anderson

I'm so sorry you lost him.

3. "Thank you, bpatters, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    585 Rec'd/501 Posts
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)

My heart just hurts for you. Alex was such a handsome boy. I know at this time words seem so inadequate but I hope you can find comfort in the fact that you gave him such an amazing life. He loved you with all his heart. I know he is looking down from the Rainbow Bridge and telling you that he is at peace and will be waiting to see you again.

Fly free sweet Alex. You will be greatly missed by all who loved you.

5. "Thank you, Kelsie, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,257 Rec'd/1,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Quoted
    951 Post(s)

I have the kind of bond that you describe with my Sparky, so I understand how special it is to love and be loved in that way. Sparky & Chip send wheeks of comfort to you. Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Alex!

7. "Thank you, spy9doc, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    113 Rec'd/107 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

I am so sorry you lost your boy, my most sincere condolences to you from myself and my herd.

I know very well the bond that you speak of. I had that with my boy Pooper. I don't even know how it happened, he just wormed his way into my heart and then took it with him when he left me.
    I hope Alex finds some new friends at the Rainbow Bridge to play with, while he waits for you to come and take him home again.

Rest in peace, Alex.

9. "Thank you, Guinea Pig Papa, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    423 Rec'd/330 Posts
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)

Oh no! I am so sorry you lost him. You did everything you could for the little guy and gave him the best life he could have asked for.

Rest in peace, Alex.

11. "Thank you, sallyvh, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    853 Rec'd/735 Posts
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)

Oh no, I'm so very sorry for your loss, this is heartbreaking. Health problems in our beloved piggies are the worst. Ferb has suddenly developed teeth problems at barely age 4, sigh.

13. "Thank you, Rywen, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner ThePigAlchemist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    848 Rec'd/682 Posts
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)

Thanks, everyone. It's been so hard without him. Simon has decided that everything is scary now that he's alone so I've started looking for a new friend for him.

I'm so sorry Ferb is having tooth problems, Rywen! It's so unfair that pigs are prone to these problems. I'm wishing the best for him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    59 Rec'd/48 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

I'm sorry for your loss.I can honestly feel your pain right now.they touch our lives in such a special way becoming part of us...God speed over the rainbow bridge until you to meet together forever.

16. "Thank you, mdodge, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    14 Rec'd/14 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Huggles for you and Alex! He was so cute in those pics, looks like he was trying to give you a kiss in the first picture.

Thanks
    Thanks
    853 Rec'd/735 Posts
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePigAlchemist View Post
    Thanks, everyone. It's been so hard without him. Simon has decided that everything is scary now that he's alone so I've started looking for a new friend for him.

I'm so sorry Ferb is having tooth problems, Rywen! It's so unfair that pigs are prone to these problems. I'm wishing the best for him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Poor Simon. Small Angels Rescue (in Frederick) has been posting a lot of piggies up for adoption on FB (they post on petfinder too). They have a 4 yo female who I think is spayed? And I know MGPR is overwhelmed right now. I also saw something about one or two of the MD shelters having too many piggies and they were going to start euthanizing, I wish I could remember which one (racking my brains, may have been Howard Co or Harford Co?). The situation is heartbreaking and I'm sure you will find a great friend for Simon!

Re: Ferb's teeth, thank you for the good wishes, he's doing really well and determined to eat no matter what. Stahl Exotics has been excellent!

User Tag List