Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Non-toxic glues for coroplast?

onefutui2e

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to custom build a cage for my pigs and unfortunately scoring/folding the coroplast may not be enough due to size and I might actually have to attach the walls separately. Is there any kind of glue that's both non-toxic and good for holding coroplast together? Better safe than sorry.

Thanks!

onefutui2e

Cavy Slave
It appears that Gorilla Glue is non-toxic. Would this work?

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
I think you'd be better off with tape. Just make sure you tape the pieces from the outside so the piggies can't get to it.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ditto [MENTION=38487]CavyTV[/MENTION]. Tape is better than glue, IMO.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ditto [MENTION=38487]CavyTV[/MENTION] on putting the tape where they can't get to it. They LOVE that stuff, and it can kill them.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Gluing coroplast is not easy. It requires special glue. No normal glues will work. Approach differently. You cannot 'attach' walls. It simply will not work. You need to have scored walls and use the tape to seem them together on the bottom and vertically.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Approach differently. You cannot 'attach' walls. It simply will not work.

Absolutely agree. Personally, I wouldn't use tape.

There are two creative ways to join the sides of the coroplast: 1) Use industrial strength sticky-back Velcro; this is especially good if you think you will want to modify or redesign the coro "box", and 2) Use a high-temperature glue gun; put the tip of the glue gun very close to the desired seam WITHOUT touching the coro.....it will melt the coro. This is also good for filling in any unintended cuts in the coro.

Insofar as scoring the coro, check out the Coro Claw which is a handy little tool that you can find online. Note that it will score the coro lengthwise (along the ribs), but you will still need a razor knife to cut transversely (across the ribs). Granted, you probably will rarely use the Coro Claw, but when you do need it, I find it invaluable.

Coro claw.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.