Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Fleece liners- when to replace?

adonnelly517

Cavy Slave
So having my piggies for about 3 years now using fleece liners I've noticed even with washing them they are starting to get white stains in them and some even getting small holes from the fabric tearing. I know some spots are from the sticky boar glue they leave behind. So I'm wondering when do most replace their liners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PiggyGrandma15

Cavy Slave
Hmmm. We have a sow pair, so maybe that plays a part (no boar glue to contend with here), but I've been using the same 2 sets of fleece for over a year and a half. We wash once a week and trade out while I do the laundry. There's no signs of wear / tear.

The one set I am close to tossing just because of the way I sewed it is a pain to use, but that's MY error, not the fleece wearing out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
My liners are about five years old and just now wearing out, both the uHaul middle and the fleece. While fleece is nearly indestructible, it wears out much faster if you regularly use bleach in the laundry. In my experience bleach will destroy just about anything with regular use. My liners showed almost no sign of wear until I began to regularly use bleach.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.