Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aggression Will they ever get along?

Jeff williams

Cavy Gazer
Sorry for misunderstanding i will never do anything to intentional hurt or harm any of my animals to be honest the cage came with a divider already installed which I have sense removed day one ...only have had them a week so they still getting used to me and their cage and all the noises and still very much skittish but coming around and becoming more and more comfortable tomorrow I'm doing s complete cage clean and going with all fleece liners which I'm hoping will be a lot easier to keep clean than using bedding

ryliem

Cavy Slave
update: I feel like such a bad owner. Both pigs had bled during introductions and I didn't notice until I saw that one of them had a small gash on his head. I checked the other one, and sure enough he has a little cut on his nose. I cleaned both of them as best I could, but the wounds were already healing. Neither look infected, but I am still debating weather or not to take them to a vet. I will not be housing them together, but I will put grids between them and maybe expand the cage so they can see and smell each other, but not be able to attack.

One of my pigs wouldn't get near my phone so I could take a picture, but here is my youngest:

Attachments

20170704_174051.jpg

Jeff williams

Cavy Gazer
Doesn't look to bad id probably take him to vet to make sure there are no unseen injuries and keep a eye on it till you can ...

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I wouldn't take them to a vet unless there are signs of infection. If you notice redness, swelling, heat, odor, or pus, then yes, get to a vet. If none of those signs appear, they'll probably heal normally.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.