Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Voice Cracking When Wheeking

CupcakeCavy

Cavy Slave
For the past couple days I have been noticing that Saphrons squeak will occasionally sound like a voice cracking. Its a strange noise that I haven't heard a piggie make before. There is nothing stuck in her nose or anything and no sneezing or other symptoms.

She does have one of the loudest piggy screams one could ever hope to hear! I'm wondering if she is screaming to loud for her capacity.

I am definitely not concerned about a URI or anything of the sort. Her weight has remained steady, she is eating and running around as normal, and there are no other indicators of sickness.

Does anyone else have screaming champion pigs that sometimes seem to scream to loud for their own good?

Thanks Much :)

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Why are you worrying about this? We humans all have different voices and this just may be Saphrons' voice. If there are no other signs of illness, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. My cavies' voices seem to change a bit during different stages of development.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Hahaha, Sly doesn't wheek much any more either, and when he does do it his voice cracks as well. I always ask him if his wheeker is busted!

CupcakeCavy

Cavy Slave
I am definitely not worried about it! I was just curious to see if other piggy owners experienced the funny voice cracking!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.