Thread: [Australia] C&C Cage Grids- Where To Find Them?

Cavy Newbie
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

[Australia] C&C Cage Grids- Where To Find Them?

Hi there! I live in Australia and I've recently decided I might get back into being a guinea pig owner. (I recently moved from America and had a guinea pig there.)

Anyways, I've realized it's not nearly as easy to find guinea pig supplies here in Australia especially C&C cage materials.

I know there's Guinea Pigs Australia where I can purchase pieces and even full cage sets, but it's super out of my price range. I read somewhere that you can DIY a C&C cage with those wire cube storage sets and some coroplast, but I can't even find those storage cubes anywhere in Australia.

My question is; are there any of you who live in Australia and know where I could find something that'll cost less than $60aud?

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: [Australia] C&C Cage Grids- Where To Find Them?

Guinea pigs Australia are about as cheap as you can get here. I buy my grids from my local shelter, but they still are'nt cheap.

You wont get a decent cage for that price here I am sorry, and wooden cages are unsuitable. Some people make their own grids with wood and wire, but I dont recommend that.

Thanks
    Thanks
    5 Rec'd/5 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

You could try making one out of shelves, that's what I did. They come in diff widths for the height n diff lengths depending on how much room you have. Just an idea but you can go on the cages link or look on line for alternative ideas that may work & are cheaper.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks
    82 Rec'd/74 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

Do any stores carry closet shelving? You can try that. Here's a thread I found similar to yours:
    https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...can-I-buy-them

User Tag List