Thread: Looking to hire help to clean out my pig's cage; any idea where to look for such aid?

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looking to hire help to clean out my pig's cage; any idea where to look for such aid?

Hello there!

Thanks for reading. I'm in a tight spot. I have two adorable guinea pigs, Phoebe and Paige. They are rescued creatures, taken in when my sister's house was ruined in a fire. My wife and I have been doing our best to provide the best life possible for these pigs, buying the biggest cage for them here, giving them fresh veggies from my sister's farm, and more. The hiccup we're having now is that I can't keep up the maintenance of their cage. I'm disabled; it's a long story, but in short it's getting worse. I used to clean their cage once a week, then it became once every two weeks. Now, I'm struggling to do once a month. That's not right for them, and I know that. I want to do better by them, but I'm unable to do it myself, and no one I know is willing to help out.

On that note, I'm looking to hire someone to come in help out. I don't know where to start to find such a service, so I'm starting here, where I get most of my piggy news and info. On the off chance someone here is local, I live in Avon MA, a little ways south of Boston MA. If anyone knows of a site, a service, someone local, ANYTHING that could help out, I'd very much like to hear from you. I know I'm grasping at straws here, but I don't know what else to do.

Thank you for your time.

Vicky

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,547 Rec'd/1,274 Posts
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1148 Post(s)

Re: Looking to hire help to clean out my pig's cage; any idea where to look for such

Vicky.......there are many, many cavy lovers in MA! I occasionally go to shows here in New England and several in MA.

I would think that Craig's List would be a productive resource. Also, you're sure to find cavy lovers on Facebook, both groups and individuals with whom you can network. I would think of a creative way to advertise the need for help, but not "I need someone to clean out my piggies' cage". Maybe start by looking for weekly or biweekly help.

You might also contact cavy-saavy Vet offices in the area.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    62 Rec'd/51 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Re: Looking to hire help to clean out my pig's cage; any idea where to look for such

Another place you can reach out to is if you have is maybe the scouts.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    26 Rec'd/26 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Hello I private messaged you, I might be able to help.

User Tag List