Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Grid cage stands

RoseyBreeze

Cavy Slave
I'm looking at ideas for a grid cage stand for my new cage extension summer project. At the moment, their cage is on the ground. I would like to get it off the ground for better access, and I feel like it might be a bit more comfortable so they don't always have giant looming over their cage. The proposed idea is a 2x6 with a 2x2 loft. I would like to get the cage at hip height, but I'm unsure if I would be able to find a table of that size for the cage. I'm looking at doing a 2 grid high cage stand. I'm wondering if anyone has done something like this in the past as I am looking for ideas. I'm planning to start from scratch with the cage I have now, and I am really only planning on keeping the connectors from it.

Last edited:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There are jillions of pictures in the photo galleries.

lissie

Cavy Slave
These are from my previous cages.
(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

See this gallery for more ideas:
(broken link removed)

If you put wooden support under the cage, it will make it much stronger. I have the wood running under the front, and the middle of the cage.
(broken link removed)

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
I actually had the exact same thing before - a 2x6 with a 2x2 area on a 2 grid-high stand. Since I didn't have enough grids, I had to balance half the cage on a table, and the other half on the grid stand. The table was maybe 1/2 in. taller than the stand. The structure did shake when the pigs ran across, but it wasn't too bad.

IMG_7023.jpgIMG_5904.jpgIMG_5907.jpgIMG_5991.jpg

Sorry you can't see the stand that well. Basically, 2x3 was supported by the table, and the other 2x3 half and 2x2 hanging basement thing was supported by grids. This was a while ago and I actually have their cage back on the floor now...2x6 without the 2x2 attachment. My pigs currently have some parasites so I'd like to get them off the floor and away from the carpet again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.